Taking our burdens
I think that today, God really lifted my burdens to enable me to behave as I think he would have liked.
I get very very nervous for interviews of any kind. Even little things like interviews for non-formal school stuff, I'll worry over my dressing/hairstyle/if I appear too serious/tired/frivolous. It gets quite tiring to act naturally and happily with those worries. But today I told myself that no matter what, I have chosen to trust in God to bring me where he wants. It may not be glamorous, and it may not be a path where lots of friends are coincidentally going (which would allow me instant companionship), but you know. At the end it's the path that will further his purpose of bringing his love to others, and to perhaps bring his wisdom to others too. And I believe that really is a higher purpose that will fulfill me better than any of my low purposes. So, I must trust, and not fear man, but fear God. And that made it easier, and I think I behaved rather naturally.
Secondly, there was a matter I was wondering whether or not to address. But I decided that I would act as straightforwardly as I could to express my honest and considered thoughts, and after it I felt much better.
Thirdly, there was another matter I had been delaying awhile cause I felt a bit sian to express all my thoughts. I wondered whether it was too late to act as I had wanted to, but I did, and it turned out okay.
At my maternal grandmother's funeral, they played her favourite hymn.
What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.
Haha I got the most normal version, which already sounds stylistically like it came out of Snow-White to me. There were very funky versions on youtube, that I can imagine people square-dancing too. The kind of things we learn only when we search for Christian songs! Cause in church they all sound appropriately modern and angelic with the female voices singing.
Oh yeah. If any of you is curious about going to church. I go most Sundays, and if any of you ever want to go, you can come with me. :) Just ask! I think my church is quite laid-back, not really populated with many youths but more with family groups. I also promise not to pester you to come a second time or like, put a lot of expectations on you just cause you are interested in coming the first time.
Ok that's all for now. Will try to blog about other not-so-centralist-Christian topics over the next few days, if I've time. Although, christianity is supposed to change your life. :P Life with a God with a marvelous plan which you can work to help fulfill, compared to a life I personally couldn't find meaning in.
I get very very nervous for interviews of any kind. Even little things like interviews for non-formal school stuff, I'll worry over my dressing/hairstyle/if I appear too serious/tired/frivolous. It gets quite tiring to act naturally and happily with those worries. But today I told myself that no matter what, I have chosen to trust in God to bring me where he wants. It may not be glamorous, and it may not be a path where lots of friends are coincidentally going (which would allow me instant companionship), but you know. At the end it's the path that will further his purpose of bringing his love to others, and to perhaps bring his wisdom to others too. And I believe that really is a higher purpose that will fulfill me better than any of my low purposes. So, I must trust, and not fear man, but fear God. And that made it easier, and I think I behaved rather naturally.
Secondly, there was a matter I was wondering whether or not to address. But I decided that I would act as straightforwardly as I could to express my honest and considered thoughts, and after it I felt much better.
Thirdly, there was another matter I had been delaying awhile cause I felt a bit sian to express all my thoughts. I wondered whether it was too late to act as I had wanted to, but I did, and it turned out okay.
At my maternal grandmother's funeral, they played her favourite hymn.
What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.
Haha I got the most normal version, which already sounds stylistically like it came out of Snow-White to me. There were very funky versions on youtube, that I can imagine people square-dancing too. The kind of things we learn only when we search for Christian songs! Cause in church they all sound appropriately modern and angelic with the female voices singing.
Oh yeah. If any of you is curious about going to church. I go most Sundays, and if any of you ever want to go, you can come with me. :) Just ask! I think my church is quite laid-back, not really populated with many youths but more with family groups. I also promise not to pester you to come a second time or like, put a lot of expectations on you just cause you are interested in coming the first time.
Ok that's all for now. Will try to blog about other not-so-centralist-Christian topics over the next few days, if I've time. Although, christianity is supposed to change your life. :P Life with a God with a marvelous plan which you can work to help fulfill, compared to a life I personally couldn't find meaning in.
Post a Comment