By the Sea
I think the sickness has set in now. Lucky that we didn't extend the trip.
Exams
Very uncertain of the outcome I will get. But doesn't matter. I tried my best, and next year I'll try even more. And slowly will become closer to perfection.
Redang
Packing to get there was a bit of a rush because I was doing some LSIRC stuff on the day itself, and still in my celebratory mood. I must say, Golden Mile Complex is extremely shady at night. I think we met a transvestite in the toilet. Hmm. I wore the leg-warmers Chunny gave me a while ago, and they saved my life because that bus is super cold at night.
It was my first holiday I felt so free to do what I want. :) Taiwan with the JC class wasn't so free, because we had planned itineraries and stuff. I'm glad to have roommates that I like, that I can gossip with or plan stuff with.
Snorkeled the first day, after the ages of traveling there. We had to wait in between the bus ride and the ferry ride, and the ferry ride itself was quite long. Carene seemed to like the snorkeling a lot. I like the fishes but think the corals could have been more beautiful, their colours were a bit plain. It was quite an adventure because neither of us had snorkeled before, so we explored together and managed not to drown or anything. :) We rented the equipment and got towels and learnt how to use the equipment ourselves. We even have underwater pictures (taken by the hotel photographer) in which Carene looks okay but I made weird faces cause of water pressure and their effect on ears. :P
The dinner on the first day was perfect, but Wl suddenly got sick. We brought back food for her, helped by Bing and Frank. Carried back three sticks of satay in the rain under a shared umbrella!
Then played Citadels til late. I seem to have the most terrible judgment in that game, always being killed/stolen from/traded cards with. Whyyyyy? I have to stop choosing obvious targets.
The second day the rest went snorkeling. I wasn't planning to snorkel, but wanted to go for the boat ride. We sat out at the stern of the boat, with my pink sunglasses. :) And over there I started to read La Dolce Vita, borrowed from Carene. Spent most of the time sneezing.
Went to the minimart from the other resort, where Wl and I found another fake tattoo shop.
In the afternoon we went to the souvenir shop where I acquired a sunhat and something for ggy. :) Spent super long there. Then lazed on deck chairs while some of the more enthusiastic ones went to snorkel more.
And after dinner we went to acquire our fake tattoos. I took a while to decide, because they had no wolves or moons. How can a self-respecting fake tattoo shop have none of those? Considered fairies but they looked too English-fairy, and dragons but figured they'd be a bit weird on me. Settled on a phoenix. :) It's pretty but quickly destroyed because the place it's in rubs against something. A real one there would be an experience, but I wouldn't do it. Would limit the clothes I could wear to cover it up in the office!
On the way back, we explored the neighbouring resort more, finding that they had better ambience cause of the live band. Then Carene and I walked back, but on the way with a pit stop to look at the stars on the deck chairs. Stars are beautiful, and having good company is also a plus. :)
Citadels at night, though this time without Coco and Greg because they'd adjourned to their room. I got third, after Carene and Bing. :) An achievement compared to the previous night! But also really lucky because I got both the University and Dragonsgate and managed to build both in time. Plus, Carene and Fj had been fighting over Dragonsgate because it was originally FJ's card, which Carene stole with the Magician and built, which Fj destroyed with her Warlord. And I do realise that I can lose focus at night. :/ Sorry!
Third day was spent traveling back. We woke at 5-something, to be out of the room by 6. And on the ferry by 7. I do hate the traveling on this trip! Although the ferry ride was well spent observing an ant with Ian. ...
Played some bridge, in which I got good cards again. :) As opposed to Citadels.
And David and I watched The Prestige off Bing's laptop on the way back. :) I love that show for the time period it portrays, and also for its portrayal of obsession.
What I Liked
Having fun roommates. :) The nice cook at the restaurant. The friendly staff at the resort, like the towel-renter guy who pretended to count our towels wrong. Agreeing about most things with my roommates, hence no WW3 like someone predicted.
Discovering things about myself, like how I've yet to find my ideal way in the world. Being able to carry my luggage myself. :) Wearing the outfits I'd packed. Realising I'd survived a whole year of law school. ^_^
What I Didn't Like
Long travel arrangements which led to the time spent at the resort being cut short. The fact that sickness spreads fast when the bus ride is 9 hours long or so. The lack of mingling throughout the group, although I'm certain it would have happened if the trip had been a while longer.
Thank you for all the planning that went into the trip though, for those who helped. Although next time it'd be better to warn that four days three nights is really two days two nights.
K that's all, and now I'm going to rest. I hope it passes soon, this annoying sore throat and cold and fever.
*makes face*
- Alaris -
Exams
Very uncertain of the outcome I will get. But doesn't matter. I tried my best, and next year I'll try even more. And slowly will become closer to perfection.
Redang
Packing to get there was a bit of a rush because I was doing some LSIRC stuff on the day itself, and still in my celebratory mood. I must say, Golden Mile Complex is extremely shady at night. I think we met a transvestite in the toilet. Hmm. I wore the leg-warmers Chunny gave me a while ago, and they saved my life because that bus is super cold at night.
It was my first holiday I felt so free to do what I want. :) Taiwan with the JC class wasn't so free, because we had planned itineraries and stuff. I'm glad to have roommates that I like, that I can gossip with or plan stuff with.
Snorkeled the first day, after the ages of traveling there. We had to wait in between the bus ride and the ferry ride, and the ferry ride itself was quite long. Carene seemed to like the snorkeling a lot. I like the fishes but think the corals could have been more beautiful, their colours were a bit plain. It was quite an adventure because neither of us had snorkeled before, so we explored together and managed not to drown or anything. :) We rented the equipment and got towels and learnt how to use the equipment ourselves. We even have underwater pictures (taken by the hotel photographer) in which Carene looks okay but I made weird faces cause of water pressure and their effect on ears. :P
The dinner on the first day was perfect, but Wl suddenly got sick. We brought back food for her, helped by Bing and Frank. Carried back three sticks of satay in the rain under a shared umbrella!
Then played Citadels til late. I seem to have the most terrible judgment in that game, always being killed/stolen from/traded cards with. Whyyyyy? I have to stop choosing obvious targets.
The second day the rest went snorkeling. I wasn't planning to snorkel, but wanted to go for the boat ride. We sat out at the stern of the boat, with my pink sunglasses. :) And over there I started to read La Dolce Vita, borrowed from Carene. Spent most of the time sneezing.
Went to the minimart from the other resort, where Wl and I found another fake tattoo shop.
In the afternoon we went to the souvenir shop where I acquired a sunhat and something for ggy. :) Spent super long there. Then lazed on deck chairs while some of the more enthusiastic ones went to snorkel more.
And after dinner we went to acquire our fake tattoos. I took a while to decide, because they had no wolves or moons. How can a self-respecting fake tattoo shop have none of those? Considered fairies but they looked too English-fairy, and dragons but figured they'd be a bit weird on me. Settled on a phoenix. :) It's pretty but quickly destroyed because the place it's in rubs against something. A real one there would be an experience, but I wouldn't do it. Would limit the clothes I could wear to cover it up in the office!
On the way back, we explored the neighbouring resort more, finding that they had better ambience cause of the live band. Then Carene and I walked back, but on the way with a pit stop to look at the stars on the deck chairs. Stars are beautiful, and having good company is also a plus. :)
Citadels at night, though this time without Coco and Greg because they'd adjourned to their room. I got third, after Carene and Bing. :) An achievement compared to the previous night! But also really lucky because I got both the University and Dragonsgate and managed to build both in time. Plus, Carene and Fj had been fighting over Dragonsgate because it was originally FJ's card, which Carene stole with the Magician and built, which Fj destroyed with her Warlord. And I do realise that I can lose focus at night. :/ Sorry!
Third day was spent traveling back. We woke at 5-something, to be out of the room by 6. And on the ferry by 7. I do hate the traveling on this trip! Although the ferry ride was well spent observing an ant with Ian. ...
Played some bridge, in which I got good cards again. :) As opposed to Citadels.
And David and I watched The Prestige off Bing's laptop on the way back. :) I love that show for the time period it portrays, and also for its portrayal of obsession.
What I Liked
Having fun roommates. :) The nice cook at the restaurant. The friendly staff at the resort, like the towel-renter guy who pretended to count our towels wrong. Agreeing about most things with my roommates, hence no WW3 like someone predicted.
Discovering things about myself, like how I've yet to find my ideal way in the world. Being able to carry my luggage myself. :) Wearing the outfits I'd packed. Realising I'd survived a whole year of law school. ^_^
What I Didn't Like
Long travel arrangements which led to the time spent at the resort being cut short. The fact that sickness spreads fast when the bus ride is 9 hours long or so. The lack of mingling throughout the group, although I'm certain it would have happened if the trip had been a while longer.
Thank you for all the planning that went into the trip though, for those who helped. Although next time it'd be better to warn that four days three nights is really two days two nights.
K that's all, and now I'm going to rest. I hope it passes soon, this annoying sore throat and cold and fever.
*makes face*
- Alaris -
Labels: beach, exams, friends, holiday, rag, redang, snorkel
get well soon! <33
xiu huan
Posted by
elmo |
4:14 pm
Post a Comment