Korea, God, and fashion
I couldn't bear such an unhappy looking post filling space on my blog. So I decided to post something more constructive! Which is, random thoughts I have wanted to express semi-publicly for a while. :)
Korea
I loved the food, kimchi and all. I have acquired a liking for saba fish. If I could be born anywhere else from birth, Korea would be it, at this point intime. The way people all seem to have some sense of style there, the way the language sounds (cool), the hanboks and palace guards uniforms. The wide variety of cosmetics shops all selling things packaged so prettily.
Also to my dear roommate. I know we sometimes got annoyed at each other. But then, I was able to confide in you my thoughts in a careless, carefree manner, and believe you did the same. And we were able to have fun together, which is not something I can do with everyone. So, thank you for being my friend. :)
*
God
The other day, I heard God speak to me. He said, "Alaris, I love you." He called me by my name! I wish I could hear him so well at other times.
My faith in God is based on and linked to these beliefs:
1) Jesus did exist, and he died for me.
2) God loves us enough to give us free will, and choice, and thus the need for faith.
3) God is so pure that he cannot tolerate anything unpure in heaven, much as he loves us. It's not a thing he chose to do, excluding those who do not worship him.
4) I can't go through life on my own human strength.
I know 4 so well because I am a timid person and I cannot always feel excited about life. I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but I've observed the same for a stoic and capable person, and for an enthusiastic and wise person.
*
Fashion Sense
I shall be wearing lolita tomorrow (today), but I think I no longer like it so much. Because I am too short for me to fit my aesthetic taste, and I simply can't wear it because of the temperature.
I love love love gothic/classic but oh.
Also, packing for Canada, I wonder how my fashion sense will evolve. Pairing everything with a winter coat will be seriously sad. :( Therefore I am seriously considering thermal underwear so I can avoid packing on the layers. No one I know has used it yet though. My mother keeps saying it is itchy and doesn't sit properly and is just not worth it. Hmm. How?
Korea
I loved the food, kimchi and all. I have acquired a liking for saba fish. If I could be born anywhere else from birth, Korea would be it, at this point intime. The way people all seem to have some sense of style there, the way the language sounds (cool), the hanboks and palace guards uniforms. The wide variety of cosmetics shops all selling things packaged so prettily.
Also to my dear roommate. I know we sometimes got annoyed at each other. But then, I was able to confide in you my thoughts in a careless, carefree manner, and believe you did the same. And we were able to have fun together, which is not something I can do with everyone. So, thank you for being my friend. :)
*
God
The other day, I heard God speak to me. He said, "Alaris, I love you." He called me by my name! I wish I could hear him so well at other times.
My faith in God is based on and linked to these beliefs:
1) Jesus did exist, and he died for me.
2) God loves us enough to give us free will, and choice, and thus the need for faith.
3) God is so pure that he cannot tolerate anything unpure in heaven, much as he loves us. It's not a thing he chose to do, excluding those who do not worship him.
4) I can't go through life on my own human strength.
I know 4 so well because I am a timid person and I cannot always feel excited about life. I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but I've observed the same for a stoic and capable person, and for an enthusiastic and wise person.
*
Fashion Sense
I shall be wearing lolita tomorrow (today), but I think I no longer like it so much. Because I am too short for me to fit my aesthetic taste, and I simply can't wear it because of the temperature.
I love love love gothic/classic but oh.
Also, packing for Canada, I wonder how my fashion sense will evolve. Pairing everything with a winter coat will be seriously sad. :( Therefore I am seriously considering thermal underwear so I can avoid packing on the layers. No one I know has used it yet though. My mother keeps saying it is itchy and doesn't sit properly and is just not worth it. Hmm. How?
Post a Comment