« Home | a dance under orange trees » | metamorphosis » | Photoshoots are fun! » | books! » | Privacy - Or, who cares if people stare? » | home » | Brussels » | London, Day 2 » | pictures, photographs » | theft »

For my dear Ggy

I didn’t really want to do this post too early, because it is quite difficult to write. There must be a good balance – not too mushy, must have good solid points that people can identify with, and I have to want to do it. ☺ Also cannot reveal too much stuff that possibly wasn't meant to reveal to everyone reading this.

Ggy was my closest companion during JC. Now, he’s my boyfriend. We are quite an independent couple – I don’t think it can be otherwise, with the different things we like to do and the different paths we are going to lead in the next few years. We are both holding on, for each other, for a common dream we wish for. It's not without difficulty, but then, not many things are.

Some facts about Ggy

1) He has a Very big nose, and I am convinced that is why everyone recognizes him, even people he doesn’t know

2) He doesn’t like the Megan Whalen Turner books, because he doesn’t like Eugenides! In answer to a surprise quiz of what he remembers of the plot of Queen of Attolia, which he is taking a few months to read, he says, “[insert major plot twist] then he whines, and nothing happens. Then there is a war over nothing, and some islands get captured. And he’s still whining! The first book is called The Thief, the second should be called The Whiner!”

3) He likes to whine. The above quote is a prime example, is it not?!

4) He likes good food, a lot. In fact, he seems to eat a lot whenever he comes over to my house, perpetuating my mother’s idea that he is a big eater and that she should prepare more food for him. Vicious cycle. He positively raves about restaurants like Botak Jones and Queen and Mangosteen.

5) He couldn’t really care less about people politics, which sometimes I get frustrated with, but also it’s something I admire a lot. Nor does he really care what passersby think of him, so sometimes when we go out he can walk funny and I can laugh and think it’s cute.

6) Nice voice. ☺

7) Nice eyelashes, though he can be too vain about it

8) Falls in love with beautiful girls! :o But not actually shallow.

9) States his opinions with great feeling. Like, how he doesn’t like my singing!!

10) Tries to discourage me from spending money on clothes, though he spends a lot on cameras and mountains! Every time a new camera comes out… “I need a new camera.” He also tries to discourage me from borrowing a lot of books from the library! I try to fulfill my max 6 every time... Maybe cause he feels obliged to help me carry it until it's time to go home...

11) Patient, and slow to anger

12) Wishes for life to be a fairytale, too

I think it's quite tough for either of us when the other is incurably sad. So, it would be good for us to both be happy together. :)

Presenting to you... ... ... Ggy!

Photobucket

P.s. Who actually goes to the science centre on dates? :o Now you know.

Labels: ,