grownup
Just now on the bus ride home, I realised how grown up I am.
I can go to a tea party where I've met no one more than once before and still have fun. I have learnt how to travel to more than just Orchard Road - now there's Vivo and Jurong East and City Hall (infrequently, it's still too far) etc. I now buy things without asking my mother's approval, and am head to toe in charge of the way I look.
I'm able to be held accountable solely for the standard of my work and what I do in life. I get to watch TV and go online whenever I want. I can easily say, "I'm not coming home for dinner" without being interrogated.
I get to plan the path of my religion. And my spending habits. And managing all the things I do.
It's quite awesome - I don't mean this in a cool self-praise way, but really. I'm in awe at myself. I never really thought I'd be able to grow up so well.
- Alaris -
I can go to a tea party where I've met no one more than once before and still have fun. I have learnt how to travel to more than just Orchard Road - now there's Vivo and Jurong East and City Hall (infrequently, it's still too far) etc. I now buy things without asking my mother's approval, and am head to toe in charge of the way I look.
I'm able to be held accountable solely for the standard of my work and what I do in life. I get to watch TV and go online whenever I want. I can easily say, "I'm not coming home for dinner" without being interrogated.
I get to plan the path of my religion. And my spending habits. And managing all the things I do.
It's quite awesome - I don't mean this in a cool self-praise way, but really. I'm in awe at myself. I never really thought I'd be able to grow up so well.
- Alaris -
Post a Comment