« Home | Thinking too much makes you tired.I want to live a... » | By the Sea » | The Mystery of Section 303 » | Being Decisive » | fact of the day » | exam fever » | Subway! » | Twas the night before LT » | sleepy » | party mood »

Lolita Links Time!

Am quite touched by the influx of tags wishing me well. :D Thank you, comrades. I can't believe I stayed at home until yesterday, when I went out with my mother to eat dim sum for lunch. But that's only cause she was exposed to me all the time anyway.

I have just a remnant of a cough that acts up particularly when people make me angry (so now everyone must be nice to me when I'm talking to them). ^-^

And am going to go out crazily the next few days!

***

Just an updater post for those who are semi-interested in lolita. If you're not, ignore. :)

I found a lot of beautiful coordinates on daily_lolita, a livejournal community where people post outfits that they wear in their ordinary lives. How incredible it is for people to put so much effort into dressing while doing their normal stuff.

For something a bit sweet, but not too overly so. Not to worry, there are no pastel pinks and blues anywhere. :) Here.

Black with a twist. Red leopard print?

Being a princess is always a respectable profession. Meta's princess crown bouquet, looking better than it ever has before.

The re-released version of seraphim stained glass by Alice and the Pirates. I used to think that the white version looked better than the black, too.

Do you like violins? Elegance in Berlin.

Was a bit confused as to whether I should put this one up, because it's not typical lolita. It's aristocrat.

***

Now that the pictures are done, time for the intellectual part. I found a very interesting post talking about how the trends in lolita are changing, and read most of the comments! +_+

Most of my friends whom I introduce to the fashion really hate the 'new' wave of AP sugary sweet dresses. Think Coco's reaction to the pink Pastel a la mode dress picture that I once showed her. And like, Michael now recognises the brand Angelic Pretty, as illustrated by this dress. Bows upon bows upon bows...

So, read here for a dissection of sweet lolita, the possible reaction against it using classic, and how lolita as a fashion is changing as compared to goth. There's an interesting point here about how fashion is eventually pushed to become more and more extreme.


Hope you enjoyed that!,

Alaris

Labels: ,