« Home | prevention is better than cure » | Yong Ching See v Lee Kah Choo Karen » | Like This Song » | all around me » | A Formula » | white clouds passing » | two things » | God's clay people » | a picture » | Disillusion »

the nature of time

They say that time is money. But I think time is also affection.

As I grow older, I have realised that friendship, above all, is being willing to spend time with someone out of your busy self-absorbed little life. Being able to say to someone, "I'll be there" for whatever thing they ask you out for, especially when you know it's important to them, is devoting to them a portion of your unpredictable life. And that's something valuable.

Of course, this is assuming all the prerequisites for friendship exist - a connection, tolerance for the faults of the other person, etc.

Labels: ,