« Home | goodbye » | So cute! » | Help! » | Sierra Leone » | Birthday Outfit Post » | short post » | meep » | twenty-one » | the narrow path » | Brielle »

A Return

How nice it is, not to really want something, but to work in your own stride, and get pleasantly surprised by a good result. Of course there are faint ideas in your head - hopes that maybe, maybe, you can achieve that far-off ideal, but you never do voice them or hope for them fervently.

But when you really want something, the possibility of your losing it flashes in your mind so often that you wonder whether your worry will be the thing that will mess you up.

It makes me sympathise a lot more with that diligent boy I met. He had planned since he was fourteen to study hard to get into his dream junior college. He got in with his prelims results, but had to move after the first three months, when the A level results came up. After he'd thought he had achieved his dream.

So I shall try to stick with conscientious, consistent work. And try not to express my hope too often.

*

In other news, it is sometimes hard to choose between a lonely and shaky moral high ground for other things that have good in them, such as friendship. In those grey areas, I wonder.

*

And in other other news, I am going to write a post about eudaimonia soon. Also maybe to continue my You Rox! series. :P But in a smaller way, with little posts of what I appreciate about people the most. And then maybe a post about Taylor Swift. When I have time!

Labels: , , ,