twenty-one
On the cusp of adulthood, I feel like I'm looking into a whole new world. There are so many things I can do, so many people to meet, ways to enrich my mind. The fact that students here are postgraduate makes me think that they know so much more than me, but then at my age, I'm doing the same things as them. I'm ahead in some ways; I have years more to squander. I'd better start planning how I want to live until I'm 81.9 years old, the life expectancy for women in Singapore.
I suppose one of the things to resign myself to, since I haven't totally yet, is that hard work will definitely be part of this. It should be so accepted one doesn't whine about it!
And courage, is another. Courage and the determination to accept whatever becomes of oneself, since we can be held legally accountable for our actions. I have to learn willingness to accept criticism as a way to improve, as opposed to taking it as a personal attack, and act on it. The world lies ahead of me, and I have only to choose where to take my step.
Dare I say it? It's so scary, but I want to be intoxicated by life.
I suppose one of the things to resign myself to, since I haven't totally yet, is that hard work will definitely be part of this. It should be so accepted one doesn't whine about it!
And courage, is another. Courage and the determination to accept whatever becomes of oneself, since we can be held legally accountable for our actions. I have to learn willingness to accept criticism as a way to improve, as opposed to taking it as a personal attack, and act on it. The world lies ahead of me, and I have only to choose where to take my step.
Dare I say it? It's so scary, but I want to be intoxicated by life.
Labels: birthday, life, resolution
Post a Comment