« Home | meep » | twenty-one » | the narrow path » | Brielle » | aesthete » | comparison post! » | I am in love with reading » | memento mori » | Cool Stuff and Rambling » | running out of ideas »

short post

Really glad to have so many awesome friends. :) At the same time though, I've realised more than ever how impractical I am. And I really must be manic depressive - feeling such joy one moment, and pensiveness the next. I don't even have to be doing things to feel this - just reflecting about the past makes me think lots of things.

This also links me back to something I read recently about extroversion vs. introversion:

A study done back in the 1990s found that I/E can actually be measured
on an EEG. They hooked up people to an EEG and looked at how much brain
activity they had when given a physical stimulation (I believe it was
lemon juice on the tongue). Introverts showed a lot more brain activity
for each stimulus which caused them to get over stimulated more quickly
than the Extroverts who had less activity per stimulus. Extraverts seek
out stimulation because they are perpetually a quart low. Introverts
get overwhelmed with stimulation and need to shut down and retreat.

Extroverts also engage the world to think. They think best when they
are doing something in the outside world. Introverts need to create
space between themselves and others to do their best thinking.

When an Extrovert retreats from the world, it is usually because they
are hurt, angry, afraid of what they say next might be embarrassing or
insulting, etc. Introverts just need to step back to think a bit or
might need some space to recharge. There is nothing wrong, in fact the
Introvert may be ecstatically happy, but Extroverts often misinterpret
this because of what it means when they go quiet.

Right now that my birthday's over though, I'm feeling really stressed about how I'll get my papers and catching up done in the next two weeks. Eep!

Labels: , , ,