Beautiful lines
I've been going to church recently on Sundays, with Chunny.
Unfortunately the youth pastor for the church we're going to bores me. :( Okay I think it's unfair to say that he bores me. It's more like his voice doesn't enter my brain properly, and it's hard to follow. He's supposed to be from New Zealand, but why does he speak like he comes from Hong Kong?
I think that is really one of the most difficult English accents to understand. For me at least.
So. Instead of listening to him, I peruse the Bible. It's actually quite enlightening - I hadn't touched the Bible in ages before this. In some of the books I recognise names, but can't really remember the story.
I realised that the Bible really does have a lot of beautiful lines. So I shall quote them (and even if you aren't religious do not fear, beautiful words should be appreciable by all.) ^_^
***
Genesis 1:14-17
And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light to the earth. And it was so. God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness."
From my favourite book. Esther 4:15
Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai, "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maid will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."
Esther 7:1-4
So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther, and as they were drinking wine on that second day, the king again asked, "Queen Esther, what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted."
Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favour with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life - this is my petition. And spare my people - this is my request. For I and my people have been sold for destruction and annihilation. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the King."
Luke 21: 25-28
There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Luke 21:32-33
I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
***
:)
Unfortunately the youth pastor for the church we're going to bores me. :( Okay I think it's unfair to say that he bores me. It's more like his voice doesn't enter my brain properly, and it's hard to follow. He's supposed to be from New Zealand, but why does he speak like he comes from Hong Kong?
I think that is really one of the most difficult English accents to understand. For me at least.
So. Instead of listening to him, I peruse the Bible. It's actually quite enlightening - I hadn't touched the Bible in ages before this. In some of the books I recognise names, but can't really remember the story.
I realised that the Bible really does have a lot of beautiful lines. So I shall quote them (and even if you aren't religious do not fear, beautiful words should be appreciable by all.) ^_^
***
Genesis 1:14-17
And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light to the earth. And it was so. God made two great lights - the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness."
From my favourite book. Esther 4:15
Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai, "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maid will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."
Esther 7:1-4
So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther, and as they were drinking wine on that second day, the king again asked, "Queen Esther, what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted."
Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favour with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life - this is my petition. And spare my people - this is my request. For I and my people have been sold for destruction and annihilation. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the King."
Luke 21: 25-28
There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Luke 21:32-33
I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
***
:)
Post a Comment