« Home | short post » | Deja Vu » | bad dreams » | Rain » | Being a Child » | A Mix of Thoughts » | crash » | dumplings » | - » | miffed »

a series of unfortunate events

Please skip if you are not in the mood for mopiness.

***

When I am sad, I like to listen to music. So I am right now.

I'm not even sure why I'm moping so much about it. Yes, I got dressed up in black and white and went to school for nothing. Yes, it affects my plans for doing my CLT essay on Saturday. Yes, I troubled Florence for nothing. :(

But I feel very upset with myself for not checking my email.

I will explain first. I had trial advo today at 11am. For that I skipped property tutorial, that ends at 10.45 am, cause I didn't want to have to rush.

For that I also discussed trial advo with a lot of people in school. Imagine, social conversation about what your case is! Stayed back in school on Wednesday and the day before (or was it Monday) with Carene too. Last night I practiced my cross-ex on Carene, Coco's witness and Bing. Kay Hian also helped with tips.

Then reached home past 10, to eat my dinner. (Was supposed to eat dinner at home cause I didn't know I'd be staying back to cross-ex Coco's witness, but since she gave me the opportunity... Then Wl decided to call me at 8.30 when I was packing up and talked until 9+, when my phone died).

Then returned home, reading the fact pattern on the bus. Reached home and opened my skirt package. :) Soon went back to work on trial advo until 12+, when I thought that I should sleep.

I woke up at 7 to work on my case. I even decided that since it was a special day, I would treat myself to a taxi ride to school (most of the time when I take taxi, it's because I woke up late and will be terribly late for my tutorial.)

Florence messaged me to check where the place was, since she wanted to meet Nava there. So I checked IVLE for the nth time and fed back that it was in SR 3.

Thinking that there would be no one booking taxis at 10am, since normal people go to work happily at 9 latest, I called a cab then. Or tried to. "All taxis in the area are booked."

I was supposed to meet Florence at 10.15 today, 45 minutes early, to go through the facts with her again. We had a 2 hour session yesterday, but she was worried she'd forget. But I found myself without a cab, so I took the bus, and called her midway to brief her on new facts and do a simple EIC so that I'd have time to print my things at the com cluster later.

Finished printing and briefing on time. :) Walked to SR 3 with time to spare. Waited. And waited. M came along, and Nava, and even Nadia. Talked. Decided to practice opening and closing statement.

Suddenly realised it was kinda late, and why wasn't anyone turning up?

Checked ivle. No changes. Checked email.

:|

Mock trial changed to Sat, 31st October, 4pm. LLT was sincerely sorry.

The timing she'd sent it: 1.33pm yesterday.

It wasn't, like, late late. Just that I'd assumed complacently that it wouldn't be changed. And that if it would, it would have been reflected on IVLE, since LLT insisted at the start of term that she wouldn't be sending notifications by email when she updated things on IVLE. And if you can't trust people to stick with their modus operandi, what can you trust them to do?

UPSET.

So I decided to go home and try doing CLT. :( I'm really...

Anyway, I am sorry for troubling Florence and M with my oversight, and I think I shan't talk about it anymore.

- Alaris -

Labels: , , , ,