« Home | Post-exam plans » | wisdom and honesty » | Some Favourite Artists » | parents » | INFJ » | Beautiful Pictures » | Survivor » | prayer » | the end of march » | the taste of coleus »

freedom

Freedom! Freedom. How beautiful a feeling.

Usually I'm left with emptiness after an exam. Relief, a brief period of celebration, and emptiness. Not this time though. This time when I'm wondering what to do, I shall lead myself to fulfill my plans. No longer aimless shall I be. :) Ok as it sounds like I am speaking in verse I shall give you pure prose: Determination.

To do things for yourself.

*

Was supposed to go out with the sabre girls but it was cancelled. :( One was sick, and the other had a teacher spring a surprise on her. And then after that had been the promise of kbox. I haven't actually gone to kbox yet. The shop, I mean, though I have had fun singing at other people's houses (love greg's for karaoke). :)

So I was left without plans momentarily but got to eat ramen at Marutama with law school people. (Thanks D for convincing me to go.) I love eating ramen - and it doesn't have to be the authentic type either, as long as it is nice. Actually when I went to Japan I didn't like a lot of the ramen cause they put bamboo. :P At Marutama, you could really savour the soup, and the cha shu literally melted in your mouth. Not sure it's worth it unless you go with more people and share a bowl (then top up the noodles using their top up option). Cause they only give like one piece of cha shu. :( Though you can order more, if you go with more people and share.

Then went around for a bit of light shopping - not too much as there was another crowd who seemed a bit unenthusiastic, who were chilling on the benches outside the shops which were lit with natural light. Charles and Keith had a pair of brown high heels that fit my aesthetic exactly but it was too high, and the material wasn't the comfortable sort, and the price wasn't cheap (though not expensive either). I still love them from looks alone though, and maybe if I see them on sale my avarice will overtake me.

After that people left, and we talked at the benches about the hazards of wisdom tooth operation, and other people left, and it was three of us left. I bought a very nice-fitting white skirt from Bysi - I knew I wanted it without having to second-thought it.

Then T gave me a lift to near home. I think I prefer that than being sent straight home, cause that just feels too out of the way for them. And it was fun to talk to WL again. :)

And that is my recount of my first day of freedom. (concept inspired by Chun)

Labels: , , , , , ,