« Home | bored » | freedom » | Post-exam plans » | wisdom and honesty » | Some Favourite Artists » | parents » | INFJ » | Beautiful Pictures » | Survivor » | prayer »

TV and role models

I've been watching a lot of Shining Inheritance the past few days, and like it a lot. :) I think Si Chen recommended it to me before, and my younger sister also mentioned it, but I never watched it until now! As I never saw it shown on local tv.

I don't watch a lot of shows or finish a lot of manga online. I tend to overdose on it since it's all available online, then I get sick of it or realise how cliched the plot is, and quit. That's probably why I like following weekly tv serials, though I tape them and never actually watch them at the scheduled times. I'm still following Down with Love at its rate of 1.5 hours (including adverts) per week. +_+ (I must say, before it I didn't really get the appeal of Jerry Yen. He doesn't have the best looks, but he has charm. Ella's really good in it too, not annoying like in Hana Kimi.)

The character Han Hyo-Joo plays in Shining Inheritance is my ideal role model. The extent of my empathy for her is evidenced by how absorbed I was in the first few episodes, which focused mainly on the destruction of her life... I didn't even anticipate her scenes with the two male leads, I just wanted to watch her! The scene where she took her brother to commit suicide was especially touching. She was really strong, and magnanimous without wanting to be (her covering up for Saeng Mi).

Also, she is very pretty in a natural-looking way, without plastic surgery. Her hairstyle in Shining Inheritance accentuates this - and I realised I've noticed her before in Iljimae, except I didn't recognise her again in Shining Inheritance with a different hairstyle. She's not pretty in an outstanding way; she just has a very watchable face.

Plus, reading up on her in person, I discovered she likes the same things as me. :) She did fencing in uni! And in one of the interviews or articles I read she talked about going horse-riding.

Give you some pictures of her (it's a fantastic gift okay!). :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I like quiet characters on tv the most, those that talk with their eyes and behaviour more than words. Like Kim Hyun Joong in Boys Before Flowers - he had a sort of stillness in his presence that I liked a lot. His real life personality is more easily expressive and straightforward, so I don't really like him other than in BBF. He even said he didn't like Ji Hoo's way of doing things. Pfft. Though Kim Hyun Joong is said to have a '4d' personality, meaning he talks in tangents from the average person sometimes, which ameliorates things somewhat. Speaking of BBF, I couldn't really take Jun Pyo seriously because at first he just reminded me of Joanne Peh too much. Then after that, he was just too immature and tantrum-throwing to actually seem like a viable partner. Ee.

I do acknowledge that this like of unnaturally still characters may be personal to me, in all the world. Like me liking Jeanette Aw in The Little Nyonya. I think most of the world views unnaturally still TV characters as bad acting. :| But I tell you there is a difference between not acting, and acting as a still character!

Another thing: I HATE how the links for certain episodes just die and no one seems to fix it. :( And even when you google you can't get any links, so you give up and go to the next episode first, knowing that you might never come back. If Shining Inheritance turns out good though, I might get the dvds. :) So far, the only series I've promised myself to get DVDs for is Famous Princesses. There was something about that show - the way it portrayed life, that seemed very real and joyful and sad at once. I am unsure if DVDs have english subtitles though. :|

Other people that draw my admiration - Nicole Fox on ANTM Cycle 13. I only watched the Special episode, or whatever you call it, and her personality is just so cute. :) Okay cute is non-descriptive. She calls herself a dork but her sense of humour is really funny. I like her voice too!



Just pictures of her:



:)

Labels: , , , , , , ,