Countdown
When I look at the date, I get a little shiver. 6 more days to go. So scary! So exciting! So many things to do!!
Things to Do
1) Read all the guide books I borrowed, photocopy or record down the important info, and return them.
2) Figure out thermal underwear and down jacket.
3) Figure out blazer?
4) Start writing down recipes frantically. My tiramisu recipe! Can I even make tiramisu if I don't have a mixer or whatever that is.
5) Buy gifts from Singapore.
6) Record down details of how to get to hostel in Toronto, and then Bayfield Hall in London.
7) Learn how to cook rice without using a rice cooker.
8) Figure out how much money to bring there, and bank drafts and things.
9) Should I bring two pairs of boots or just 1 (the rainboots, which I can use in winter and have a nice unworn-down tread). :?
10) Do I really need to bring my converse sneakers (with worn out tread) if I am bringing my pink Adidas superstars, blue Mizunos and white bata shoes? I think converse have some street cred you see, and cause they're black they can be worn with everything. The blue Mizunos are really only for running. The pink Adidas superstars do not work well with mori/casual clothes. They work well with cute clothes though. The white bata shoes work with a wonderful lot of things, but they are white and thus look clean and homely and not really cutting edge cool.
11) How much of my suitcases should I pack? I am bringing two, though initially I'd thought to make one empty and bring it home full of books, F21 and threadless. Ha. Anyway I don't think I can stick to that after surveying the range of clothes I wanna bring today. HOW. :( I am also bringing along my brown Esprit bag for everyday, brown Adidas (from Korea! Can hold laptop!) backpack, and little purple coach handbag.
12) Buy chicken (and other stuff) stock cubes for soup! Learn how to use also.
13) What should I bring to tide me over until I can buy stuff? Bedsheet, towel? Maybe some cup noodles? Utensils like fork and spoon? CHOPSTICKS! Some washing powder that I can trust? A small bottle of shampoo. I am already bringing my Radox body shower smoothie from UK (as the Singapore one is no good) cause I'm scared it will spoil if I let it sit at home for 4 months while I'm away. :P
14) Figure out whether I want to declare my food at customs or try and sneak through.
15) Activate auto-roaming.
They'd better not have too many parties there. I have very few party clothes. My blue cotton-ish Warehouse dress (as opposed to the other blue Warehouse dress ^_^), possibly black skirt and tights and wonderful green Korean jacket, ... Actually that's all. Maybe the white salvation army probably-ex-bridal dress, but that's more for photoshoot purposes and maybe a cool Halloween. I am bringing my Alice and the Pirate socks for Halloween. :D
I have a LOT of scarves though. Ransacked the winter box where my family's winter stuff goes after cold vacations and found LOTS of gems there. :D No need to spend money also!!
I think out of the local stuff I can eat, I will miss things like pulut hitam and sesame paste the most. Followed by Hello Panda (which I considered getting one of those round tins of, but it's really kinda bulky. Perhaps I can use it to fill the empty suitcase? Food is good to bring as it will be consumed and not take up space coming back. :)
Also I bought a new alarm clock. It was $15! Which is ex for an alarm clock, I think? But it is very small and portable. Even IF the snooze takes 8 minutes which is way too long and somehow I still seem to sleep through it, unless it magically ceases to work after the first snooze. :x
I have settled my ESTA to go to USA. :) For those not in the know, though Singapore's under the Visa Waiver program from USA, USA is getting stricter and now wants to make people obtain this ESTA thing before traveling. (Quite sure if you'll be staying there an exchange period you prob need a visa anyway, but go check.) It used to be free, but they're going to start charging like USD 20 from next month onwards I think. So if you are going to Canada and want to visit USA for a short time, just apply now!! Mine's valid until 2012 anyway. And charging for it is nonsense, cause what admin charge do they really need you to bear if you can just fill in a form and get an automatic approval by clicking the Next button? Pffft.
Okay that is all I wanted to say about exchange. Time to get to work!!
Things to Do
1) Read all the guide books I borrowed, photocopy or record down the important info, and return them.
2) Figure out thermal underwear and down jacket.
3) Figure out blazer?
4) Start writing down recipes frantically. My tiramisu recipe! Can I even make tiramisu if I don't have a mixer or whatever that is.
5) Buy gifts from Singapore.
6) Record down details of how to get to hostel in Toronto, and then Bayfield Hall in London.
7) Learn how to cook rice without using a rice cooker.
8) Figure out how much money to bring there, and bank drafts and things.
9) Should I bring two pairs of boots or just 1 (the rainboots, which I can use in winter and have a nice unworn-down tread). :?
10) Do I really need to bring my converse sneakers (with worn out tread) if I am bringing my pink Adidas superstars, blue Mizunos and white bata shoes? I think converse have some street cred you see, and cause they're black they can be worn with everything. The blue Mizunos are really only for running. The pink Adidas superstars do not work well with mori/casual clothes. They work well with cute clothes though. The white bata shoes work with a wonderful lot of things, but they are white and thus look clean and homely and not really cutting edge cool.
11) How much of my suitcases should I pack? I am bringing two, though initially I'd thought to make one empty and bring it home full of books, F21 and threadless. Ha. Anyway I don't think I can stick to that after surveying the range of clothes I wanna bring today. HOW. :( I am also bringing along my brown Esprit bag for everyday, brown Adidas (from Korea! Can hold laptop!) backpack, and little purple coach handbag.
12) Buy chicken (and other stuff) stock cubes for soup! Learn how to use also.
13) What should I bring to tide me over until I can buy stuff? Bedsheet, towel? Maybe some cup noodles? Utensils like fork and spoon? CHOPSTICKS! Some washing powder that I can trust? A small bottle of shampoo. I am already bringing my Radox body shower smoothie from UK (as the Singapore one is no good) cause I'm scared it will spoil if I let it sit at home for 4 months while I'm away. :P
14) Figure out whether I want to declare my food at customs or try and sneak through.
15) Activate auto-roaming.
They'd better not have too many parties there. I have very few party clothes. My blue cotton-ish Warehouse dress (as opposed to the other blue Warehouse dress ^_^), possibly black skirt and tights and wonderful green Korean jacket, ... Actually that's all. Maybe the white salvation army probably-ex-bridal dress, but that's more for photoshoot purposes and maybe a cool Halloween. I am bringing my Alice and the Pirate socks for Halloween. :D
I have a LOT of scarves though. Ransacked the winter box where my family's winter stuff goes after cold vacations and found LOTS of gems there. :D No need to spend money also!!
I think out of the local stuff I can eat, I will miss things like pulut hitam and sesame paste the most. Followed by Hello Panda (which I considered getting one of those round tins of, but it's really kinda bulky. Perhaps I can use it to fill the empty suitcase? Food is good to bring as it will be consumed and not take up space coming back. :)
Also I bought a new alarm clock. It was $15! Which is ex for an alarm clock, I think? But it is very small and portable. Even IF the snooze takes 8 minutes which is way too long and somehow I still seem to sleep through it, unless it magically ceases to work after the first snooze. :x
I have settled my ESTA to go to USA. :) For those not in the know, though Singapore's under the Visa Waiver program from USA, USA is getting stricter and now wants to make people obtain this ESTA thing before traveling. (Quite sure if you'll be staying there an exchange period you prob need a visa anyway, but go check.) It used to be free, but they're going to start charging like USD 20 from next month onwards I think. So if you are going to Canada and want to visit USA for a short time, just apply now!! Mine's valid until 2012 anyway. And charging for it is nonsense, cause what admin charge do they really need you to bear if you can just fill in a form and get an automatic approval by clicking the Next button? Pffft.
Okay that is all I wanted to say about exchange. Time to get to work!!
Labels: alarm clock, clothes, countdown, exchange, fashion, food, to do list
Post a Comment