« Home | memento mori » | Cool Stuff and Rambling » | running out of ideas » | human » | fun requires preparation too » | a story » | Internet!! » | Hostel » | MBTI Parent-Child and Type Matching » | Farewell »

I am in love with reading

Today, I had a sudden insight. I won't ever be able to stop writing.

A few days ago on facebook a charming acquaintance posted a note about literature. She quoted a poet who said that poetry is an escape from emotion - not an avoidance of it - an escape from it in the same way one escapes a fire. We escape from it but we do not extinguish it, nor are we consumed by it.

Writing is my carthasis, as much as I hate that word. I even went on thesaurus.com to find an alternative, but the rest sounded as horrible. Writing is my way of obsessing, it's my way of saying all the things I feel so strongly and want to immortalise - in words. Writing, to me, is a reflection of my soul.

Even before having this blog, I had another that I do not remember the name or link of. And before that, notebooks. I love looking at notebooks, they hold so much promise. I have so many that just lie around - some that I don't touch for months - but I pick them up again when it is time for them to be used. I don't even specifically think - this is the one for random ideas, this one for writing contact numbers, this one for all the irritating people I meet. They just are.

So it is actually quite sad to me when I am unable to read the thoughts of my friends. In other words, this is a roundabout way of encouraging you all to blog more. Or send me a letter!

Labels: , ,