comparison post!
Something I wrote last Wednesday:
A Comparison of Life Before and After Coming on Exchange
1. I wake up by myself here. Usually at around 8-10 am, when light starts to come in. I don't really have to fuss myself to wake up at a particular time most days as my earliest class is at 2 - unless I'm meeting someone or really need the hours to finish my readings for an important class, or have horseriding. At home I usually write a note as to when my maid should wake me, because even if I set the alarm clock someone else will wake up first, get mad and switch it off. Thus, it doesn't work.
2. Today was my second equestrian class. News: Riley, this mean young horse-pony (kinda like the Britney Spears concept of not being a girl and not yet a woman except in horse terms) doesn't like me. Today I got him out of the paddock and was waiting for the others to get their horses out and he started eating the grass. So I was like, fine, I'm waiting anyway, I'll let you eat. Then when the others started to approach I decided, That's enough eating, horse. So I tugged on his lead rope but he refused to come along and after a bit more pulling I thought I had him... But then he ran off, literally. As he started to trot off I couldn't keep up so after being dragged a bit on the ground I let go of the rope. He ran to a corner and started eating again. :( Anyway so my knee felt a bit scratched up and later when I went home I put my jeans in the laundry and the mud came out BUT there are still grass stains and those are my favourite pair of jeans. +_+
As for how we got Riley out of there: Kitty, who is not a cat but a girl and I wanted to laugh at her name when being introduced but I did not, who is also an exec of the Equestrian Team here, got the feed bucket out. Shook it around... His ears perked up and he fell for it. Then she got hold of the rope and led him into the stable. She gave me the bucket and I walked in front of Riley but just out of reach. When he was all chained up with the cross-ties I handed the bucket off to Kitty and she walked away with it. Poor Riley had nothing to eat. :) I stuck my tongue out at him before grooming him.
Um comparison part... I guess in Singapore I don't get to interact with horses and glare at them. Scary-eyed monsters!
3. Cooking. I am eating a lot of bacon here... I bought the type that has more fat. Bacon for almost every meal or at least everyday... And I found this brand of Smores which is awesome. I ate two today! I also ate oreo ice cream yesterday and today. :| I eat much more healthily at home, but I also satisfy my cravings less as I don't get to go grocery shopping.
*
Update on the horseriding situation:
I was switched to another horse for yesterday's lesson. She's a pony called Willow, and she is white with black spots, which make her look like she's disguised as a cow. Anyway, she did not run off on me, but she did seem very reluctant to come out of the paddock. She kept stopping when I looked back at her to see how she was doing (I was pulling her by her lead rope). It was made more intimidating by the fact that her friend, Julia, came to stand in my path when I was getting her out! I slowly maneuvered around Julia... Halfway to the gate, Willow stopped and stubbornly refused to move despite tugs on the rope. I tried pleading with her a bit but it didn't work so I set my mind to it and pulled her out using my body weight. After that it wasn't too bad, but during the lesson she was eager to trot and did so considerably faster that Riley. I think I got a feel for the trot though. :)
And when grooming her at the end in the stall she kept sticking her head out. Oh well! But she did Not run off on me. :)
Alaris
A Comparison of Life Before and After Coming on Exchange
1. I wake up by myself here. Usually at around 8-10 am, when light starts to come in. I don't really have to fuss myself to wake up at a particular time most days as my earliest class is at 2 - unless I'm meeting someone or really need the hours to finish my readings for an important class, or have horseriding. At home I usually write a note as to when my maid should wake me, because even if I set the alarm clock someone else will wake up first, get mad and switch it off. Thus, it doesn't work.
2. Today was my second equestrian class. News: Riley, this mean young horse-pony (kinda like the Britney Spears concept of not being a girl and not yet a woman except in horse terms) doesn't like me. Today I got him out of the paddock and was waiting for the others to get their horses out and he started eating the grass. So I was like, fine, I'm waiting anyway, I'll let you eat. Then when the others started to approach I decided, That's enough eating, horse. So I tugged on his lead rope but he refused to come along and after a bit more pulling I thought I had him... But then he ran off, literally. As he started to trot off I couldn't keep up so after being dragged a bit on the ground I let go of the rope. He ran to a corner and started eating again. :( Anyway so my knee felt a bit scratched up and later when I went home I put my jeans in the laundry and the mud came out BUT there are still grass stains and those are my favourite pair of jeans. +_+
As for how we got Riley out of there: Kitty, who is not a cat but a girl and I wanted to laugh at her name when being introduced but I did not, who is also an exec of the Equestrian Team here, got the feed bucket out. Shook it around... His ears perked up and he fell for it. Then she got hold of the rope and led him into the stable. She gave me the bucket and I walked in front of Riley but just out of reach. When he was all chained up with the cross-ties I handed the bucket off to Kitty and she walked away with it. Poor Riley had nothing to eat. :) I stuck my tongue out at him before grooming him.
Um comparison part... I guess in Singapore I don't get to interact with horses and glare at them. Scary-eyed monsters!
3. Cooking. I am eating a lot of bacon here... I bought the type that has more fat. Bacon for almost every meal or at least everyday... And I found this brand of Smores which is awesome. I ate two today! I also ate oreo ice cream yesterday and today. :| I eat much more healthily at home, but I also satisfy my cravings less as I don't get to go grocery shopping.
*
Update on the horseriding situation:
I was switched to another horse for yesterday's lesson. She's a pony called Willow, and she is white with black spots, which make her look like she's disguised as a cow. Anyway, she did not run off on me, but she did seem very reluctant to come out of the paddock. She kept stopping when I looked back at her to see how she was doing (I was pulling her by her lead rope). It was made more intimidating by the fact that her friend, Julia, came to stand in my path when I was getting her out! I slowly maneuvered around Julia... Halfway to the gate, Willow stopped and stubbornly refused to move despite tugs on the rope. I tried pleading with her a bit but it didn't work so I set my mind to it and pulled her out using my body weight. After that it wasn't too bad, but during the lesson she was eager to trot and did so considerably faster that Riley. I think I got a feel for the trot though. :)
And when grooming her at the end in the stall she kept sticking her head out. Oh well! But she did Not run off on me. :)
Alaris
Post a Comment