« Home | :( » | Work and People » | Jehovah Jireh » | ashes to ashes; dust to dust » | joy » | Painful Sacrifices; which really are worth nothing... » | My Mission This Semester » | Solving problems » | pep talk » | Living and Dying »

Equals

Let me tell you what haunts me.

I am scared that my trust in this one person will be completely misplaced. I promised to forgive, but I am unable to forget, and that is because I am afraid that there hasn't been change. I know that change is a slow process, and that I should then give encouragement. But signs hint otherwise.

The person has been known to lie. That person is good at self-deceit; and thus experience of that person is one of the reasons I want never to deceive myself so badly. If I cannot acknowledge that I need to learn, I will not ever learn. If I cannot acknowledge that I am weak, I will not become stronger. And that person doesn't understand the wreckage of people they are making around them.

I am scared that I myself may fail. But I need to have courage to show my weaknesses in front of others, so that they can help me and keep me accountable. I need to show how much I need people to simply be with and exist with. God himself declared it was not good for man to be alone, even with him around, even in Eden.

I need people to help me go through life. And for now, that is one truth I will admit. Do not cling to your pride, because you have pride in small things only.

Labels: