Solving problems
So, I decided. I'm not going to take human rights. Why? Cause if I took it, and it fell on Friday mornings, I would always be trying to finish up my readings on Thursday night. It took me really long to decide on this. In fact, half my day I was trying to figure things out by myself and feeling really stressed cause of my 5 modules this semester, and a lot of them not slack. Even, quite far from it. :P (Though thank you very much to all the friends who tried to help me figure things out as well.) THEN after dinner my co-CGL called, about some admin stuff, and we ended up talking and I realised that I was already trying to get out of a thursday dinner just cause I knew I would need to read HR. So I realised the consequences of choosing HR. There's also the fact that I promised God that I would fulfill my CG duties first, purely out of gratitude for my TC. Making myself so busy is basically setting myself up for failure of this promise. And I do remember that God prefers people not to promise than to promise and fail (it's in a verse somewhere). So that promise, made out of a faithless heart, was Godsent to help me decide my path today.
I don't doubt HR is a good and interesting course. And that it would be cool to be taught by TLA. And that it may touch on many things that could come in relevant in future. But this is what they mean by saying, "God has his plan for you." Yes those things may sound very good, but if I need to know all those things, then there will be time to learn them in future, because now is not my time. To do the course now, against God's intimations, would merely be trying to put myself in a right position to perhaps do international law in future. God's will is his will, and not mine. I have no clue what he has for me, even though I do know my own dreams. So where he hints, I'd be stupid not to follow. :)
There's also the cool fact that he put me in this interfaith workshop for this Evangelism seminar I recently went for, even though it was my third choice. Then I met this really interesting guy called David Bok, who informally organises interfaith dialogues with his Muslim friend. And the next one is at Muis in February, and it seems that perhaps I can go. AND by not taking HR, I'll be taking Islamic law! But I'm not quite sure of God's plan; that's just my suppositions. So we'll see!
Excited! Ok shall go do other stuff now. :)
I don't doubt HR is a good and interesting course. And that it would be cool to be taught by TLA. And that it may touch on many things that could come in relevant in future. But this is what they mean by saying, "God has his plan for you." Yes those things may sound very good, but if I need to know all those things, then there will be time to learn them in future, because now is not my time. To do the course now, against God's intimations, would merely be trying to put myself in a right position to perhaps do international law in future. God's will is his will, and not mine. I have no clue what he has for me, even though I do know my own dreams. So where he hints, I'd be stupid not to follow. :)
There's also the cool fact that he put me in this interfaith workshop for this Evangelism seminar I recently went for, even though it was my third choice. Then I met this really interesting guy called David Bok, who informally organises interfaith dialogues with his Muslim friend. And the next one is at Muis in February, and it seems that perhaps I can go. AND by not taking HR, I'll be taking Islamic law! But I'm not quite sure of God's plan; that's just my suppositions. So we'll see!
Excited! Ok shall go do other stuff now. :)
Post a Comment