« Home | Equals » | :( » | Work and People » | Jehovah Jireh » | ashes to ashes; dust to dust » | joy » | Painful Sacrifices; which really are worth nothing... » | My Mission This Semester » | Solving problems » | pep talk »

Weathering the Storm

I really want to learn how to live faithfully.

"But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back." - Hebrew 10:38



I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Labels: ,