« Home | curing ennui » | the taming of people » | Korea! » | leadership and love » | Graduation » | Simply put, a post on boots » | Relationships » | themes » | transitions » | Of truth and beauty »

a collection of thoughts

There is something precious in reading what someone else writes honestly, simply to express their soul. Sometimes I wonder if I censor too much of what I think, of the lows in my life. I worry that it makes me distant to the reader. But it is difficult to bare so much. And at every point, I strive to be honest about what I feel and think.

*

I've been becoming more conscious recently, of the flaws in my life. It is vain to think that I can ever be perfect or close to it, yet I feel the need to hide away. But even in secrecy, I cannot hide from God.

*

Reality changes so easily, at least for me. I often wonder how other people think, of the ways in which they experience life. As for me, my frame of mind in a day can change drastically. At home at the end of the day, sometimes it seems as though the outside world does not exist. And especially when I read, I wonder that the characters I know do not actually exist and that I am here in this particular world running this particular way.

*

And yet, we are asked to be like children and to trust. To submit to God and his plan for our life. To rejoice in the intimate knowledge of God.

I think he's been telling me more recently, one specific message.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

Labels: ,