« Home | a chapter on privity » | Beauty » | wants! » | hope » | it hurts to be alive » | princess party! » | Parents » | annoyances » | In contracts lecture... » | general knowledge »

more thoughts

I liken claiming under the narrow ground for the rights of a third party, to revenge.

No, no, listen. This situation can occur when the plaintiff claims for the loss of an undisclosed principal if he, the agent, has suffered no loss but is claiming purely for the principal's loss.

It's exactly like revenge for something done to someone else. As in all the stories, revenge for the death of a close friend or family member.

Because for the person's death, you set out as his agent to achieve revenge: the other person's death.

I don't know if you see my point. Anyway.

The law encourages revenge. It's a way to stop people from taking the real revenge i.e. having to beat people up to get back your money, coming to blows because you can't solve arguments.

On another tack, I think that if I were involved in a dispute, I'd totally do mediation. Because then I wouldn't have to waste money. :)

Why am I procrastinating studying by talking about law? It's irrational. I should be doing something more cool.

*writhes*

<3,

Alaris

Labels: