« Home | TV and role models » | bored » | freedom » | Post-exam plans » | wisdom and honesty » | Some Favourite Artists » | parents » | INFJ » | Beautiful Pictures » | Survivor »

(an old draft, finally posted)

I think I've been living my life fully the past week. Although I've been home and only went out thrice. I feel so energised, and full of thoughts; very much like what I need to be right now.

Time 1: Sunday
I wasn't sure I could go, but then I did. Church and West Coast and was persuaded to Vivo and home to cook! For mother's day, probably the only time I've cooked on my own initiative, directing the cooking. :) It wasn't very yummy, but I can't expect that at this stage. 'Strange but edible'.

I did something stupid and cut my hand with the knife (instead of the red pepper) and stared in horror as the blood welled up, as I never thought I'd be that stupid person who holds the knife wrong pointing towards themselves. Oh well!

But then almost immediately after that I felt this sense of accomplishment - first time in my life cutting myself preparing food for other people. It was only a small cut, so this feeling was definitely an over-reaction. (Kinda like the first time I crossed a zebra crossing and waited, expecting the car to drive past but it waited for me. And I smiled all the way home.) Still proud though!

Oh, and at Vivo I bought two beautiful necklaces from F21. Hoping I can snag a Zara shirtdress also, but that will depend.

Time 2: Tuesday
J8, which was far - or at least I had to change buses to get there, and took 156 instead of 157, since 157 doesn't stop directly at Bishan. Watched Iron Man 2 and actually enjoyed it. It was a carefree day.

Time 3: Thursday, or today.
To AH, walked around Queensway and Ikea, then to Maxwell Food Centre. It reminded me how sometimes it is fun to work. And how bus rides are good for processing your thoughts.

Funny thing is, I keep seeing law school people around! Or they see me, since I am usually oblivious. Sunday Bing saw me, and Tuesday Crystal had to literally stop me in my tracks. Then saw Rachel and Wen Juin while changing bus on the way home.

*

When I am old, and far wiser than I am now, when I've experienced life's tribulations and joys, when perhaps my hair is grey, and when I am comfortably a fat old woman, I dream of writing a book. It will be called "The Metamorphosis of an Existence". And in it I will write about God and goals and wanting things bad enough, and having not to want things. About flexibility and values and the other compasses that should guide a life.

To most people it will be horribly boring, and if it's ever assigned in class some will burn the book after the final exam, with full-blooded hatred for being forced to study it. (Unless they think they were so uninterested they failed, in which case they may have to retake, so they'd better not burn it.) Others will read it since they want to make themselves seem abstract and wise, and it's suitably pretentious, although they don't really get much use out of it.

Then perhaps a small amount of people who read the book will get it. It will be like a trailblazer into their minds, a meteor flashing across the sky, a guiding light. One amongst millions that will light their path.

Reading my old romanticising of things is funny. Anyway, finally posted!

Labels: , , , , , ,