Hostel
I'm now in Bayfield Hall, my absolute last choice of campus apartment. It is quite an empty place. There's no one to even contact about having no internet, no working heater, no shower curtains (though they say I should have some in my tick-off list) or the half-decomposed dead bird on my balcony. OR the screen I managed to spoil while trying to beautify my window (I like windows that can open fully, or can tolerate large-spaced grilles, but not screens which totally obscure the view.) I could prob pop the screen back myself from the outside once I get over the dead bird, which is directly below the screen. I also have no ceiling light in my bedroom, don't even have a space for one! But somehow there's a light switch on the wall. So for now, I survive by my tiny desk light that thankfully is provided.
And they directed me to the wrong place to collect my keys. The place I had to go to, was 30 minutes away (walking time). Thankfully some nice Canadian passerby drove me there, cause there's no way I would have been able to go with my luggage. Or I could have, but I might have died in the process since I didn't know the way.
I guess they're half excused cause it was Sunday yesterday and today is Labour Day. Hope it'll get better and there will be people to help me get things fixed!
I've now walked over at least half the campus, to Law school (the doors were closed, but it seems about 15-20 min away from home, which is near) and I've found a church in part of the college. It is awesome. I really like walking by myself, and breathing in the air that smells of plants (but not tropical plants with some sort of smell of the layer of fallen leaves rotting). :) Have seen the Thames river but it's not that awesome, so I guess it's more okay about not going Elgin Hall.
Also, the school merchandise is quite awesome. They have like, cute bags that have the Western logo on them, and Hello Kitty-Western shirts. They seem to have tie-ups with everyone!
Address:
Bayfield Hall Unit 313
291 Windermere Rd
London, ON N6G 2J9
:)
And they directed me to the wrong place to collect my keys. The place I had to go to, was 30 minutes away (walking time). Thankfully some nice Canadian passerby drove me there, cause there's no way I would have been able to go with my luggage. Or I could have, but I might have died in the process since I didn't know the way.
I guess they're half excused cause it was Sunday yesterday and today is Labour Day. Hope it'll get better and there will be people to help me get things fixed!
I've now walked over at least half the campus, to Law school (the doors were closed, but it seems about 15-20 min away from home, which is near) and I've found a church in part of the college. It is awesome. I really like walking by myself, and breathing in the air that smells of plants (but not tropical plants with some sort of smell of the layer of fallen leaves rotting). :) Have seen the Thames river but it's not that awesome, so I guess it's more okay about not going Elgin Hall.
Also, the school merchandise is quite awesome. They have like, cute bags that have the Western logo on them, and Hello Kitty-Western shirts. They seem to have tie-ups with everyone!
Address:
Bayfield Hall Unit 313
291 Windermere Rd
London, ON N6G 2J9
:)
Labels: exchange
Post a Comment