« Home | Hostel » | MBTI Parent-Child and Type Matching » | Farewell » | Why People Like the Violin More Than the Piano » | Countdown » | Happy » | Korea, God, and fashion » | human error » | Music Sharing Time » | Miffed »

Internet!!

I finally have internet at my house. :) YAY. Have to use cable though... I should have brought one in the first place.

Have been staying over with other Singaporeans, who have a nice house but it's quite far from school (10-15 min drive), esp if you want to use public transport cause buses come like every half hour or one hour (we haven't really figured out the schedule yet). Should be moving back very soon, once I get the chance to go down to Walmart and buy my pillows and maybe my bedsheets (or I could get those from Zellers at Masonville place, about 20 min walk away).

I got over my fear of the bird... And tried to push the screen in, but it won't go in!! It doesn't help that to reach the top of the screen I have to drag out my shaky armchair and stand on it. I keep feeling like I will topple over if I push too hard and go over the balcony three floors to my death. Hmm.

Um... Haven't had to time to do my readings yet. Law and the American Empire sounds pretty tough, at least 3 hours of reading per week for a normal Canadian student, and I don't know much about history or politics here, so I'll prob have to do the extra background readings. I think it sounds awesome though. And for Law and Social Welfare, I have to do three hours of volunteer work a week. Haven't decided where yet, but I think all these things will be tough but benefit me in the long run.

It's hard to get a work-life balance, some of the others seem to like to party a lot. But I really don't like crass people whose sole purpose in life is to drink and make merry. I actually think I should study, that small towns are quaint, that it's nice to walk to places instead of taking the bus (cause the bus takes too long or can't be bothered to figure out how to go.)

The days just pass so fast.

Labels: