things I've realised
It's pretty amazing how everyone is hating having to go through these Part B exams. Even the super smart people whom you see around school. The days in between exams are not for rest, but for revision of at least one whole topic - and even if you revise your tutorials AND reference material, the things that come out may not even be covered in there. +_+ Oh well. And because it's so many subjects, you can't be good at/be in love with everything.
So this is definitely, for many of us, an extreme trial. But for me it's also adrenaline inducing - and you get a little addicted to that feeling of not knowing how things are going to turn out, then realizing you can't afford to care anymore, that's freeing. And it makes me realize the very real decisions you have to make on priority - health (sleep), friends (birthdays, people who need talking to/checking up on), own goals (how much you want to study stuff which may or may not come out; how diligently you want to make sure you have read every single thing); external goals (that you really should pass everything, because a conditional pass might get you into trouble with your firm). You start to realize these are real choices, what you really want to do with your life.
I'm glad, about Part B, for chances I've had to talk to people I've met. For the testing before starting work, that I realize more of my nature and how it perhaps equips me for litigation (though I will still have to work on my manner), which gives me assurance in this choice. For the realization of the struggle that I have with knowing God for Himself vs feeling like I need God's help more than Him.
Press on, my dears! 3 more days. :)
So this is definitely, for many of us, an extreme trial. But for me it's also adrenaline inducing - and you get a little addicted to that feeling of not knowing how things are going to turn out, then realizing you can't afford to care anymore, that's freeing. And it makes me realize the very real decisions you have to make on priority - health (sleep), friends (birthdays, people who need talking to/checking up on), own goals (how much you want to study stuff which may or may not come out; how diligently you want to make sure you have read every single thing); external goals (that you really should pass everything, because a conditional pass might get you into trouble with your firm). You start to realize these are real choices, what you really want to do with your life.
I'm glad, about Part B, for chances I've had to talk to people I've met. For the testing before starting work, that I realize more of my nature and how it perhaps equips me for litigation (though I will still have to work on my manner), which gives me assurance in this choice. For the realization of the struggle that I have with knowing God for Himself vs feeling like I need God's help more than Him.
Press on, my dears! 3 more days. :)
Labels: exams, litigation, part b
Post a Comment