« Home | The New Beginning » | the well-kept secret of chinese songs » | Good Leaders Delegate. » | Music Makes Magic... » | Leaving on a Jet Plane » | Being Uber Depressed » | Post the Second » | The First Post »

L'audaemus (Come on S, you can do it!)

Alaris is So wiped out. Mmf. Mmf. At least I have a Giraffe to look at. :) Meaning the one L'Valiente got for me!

Orientation seems to have gone by so fast. You waste so much time keeping up with what's supposed to be happening and making sure your OG's having fun in the right place at the right instant that you don't really have time to be bored or contemplative or scared of what's happening next. The first day we went on stage, everyone in the cast was really nervous. But then we realised we were just doing our job; plus Misa Misa's lines get fewer and fewer as the scenes wear on.


I *love* my costume. :D I am glad that I went to get my plaid skirt and that Yilun insisted that I tie my hair completely up and that Benson suggested my mg U top. And even... *shudders* those leg warmers that masquerade as black knee socks.

Most of all I love the makeup which actually makes me look pretty! Gen is really good at putting on blush in record time. I wonder how she acquired the skill... Today I tried my hand at helping Jie Liang put blush, then was helping Kal with his before being so amused at how he looked to complete it further.



Things I Will Remember:


- How utterly NONSENSE people can be, like Benson and Brian.

- The way L'Valiente tied me up and drew stuff on my face with Permanent(!) silver marker and correction fluid (cause of Lincoln and Rng's prank).

- Colgate in my hair... :(

- Makeup session for L'Valiente (during O Nite itself, in the hall?)

- Friday when 6 people stayed out with me until ten and we howled around the place and tried in desperation to find a smaller OG to join. We thought we'd found one consisting of four og members and one ogl. Before we realised the four og members were... J2s. >_<

- During Raffles Risk, how we lost the connect four thing but won the passing sash thing and were really happy and about to play dog and bone before Lincoln shouted at me for playing dog and bone when we were supposed to be having house meeting. o.O

- People recognising me as Misa Misa cause of... Of all things... My voice! "Hey you sound like Misa Misa" "That's cause she IS, dude."

- Edison! The way he totally gives me eye contact now. w00!

- Finally getting that sense of Rafflesian-ess that I think I've been missing ever since I arrived on this doorstep.

- Understanding the way more people work and having the courage to go up and flaunt ME ME ME. Yay. :D

- The very first day's icebreakers, where everyone in L'Valiente stared at me and kinda... Asked me to repeat myself again and again.



I really do think we had the very best orientation, or at least storyline thing, for a while. Although the AV sometimes went awry. Quoted from Lincoln's email to O Team: "... because we REALLY ROCKED EVERYONE'S SOCKS OFF and even the non-RJ crashers said that they thought the RJ orientation was the coolest one."

Well just for the record, L is cooler than That.



Good night,

Alaris!

Labels: ,