Chinese... URGH MMF WRITHE WRITHE
I once worked for you. I demanded tuition faithfully every saturday because of you. I paid extravagant tuition fees, and memorised two hundred and fifty proverbs and their meanings, and completed your work every week, and perused your holy texts sometimes. Because of you. Every week, I stayed back and sacrificed hours to pay my dues to the advocator of your works, my (half deranged?) teacher. Because of you, I completed overdue essays that I wished to forget forever. I struggled for you! I arranged a whole lesson of speaking chinese to my tuition teacher before that oral exam.
But I suppose just sometimes, you can't escape your fate. Inevitably, the end. And so ends my time with you, in a flutter of agonising rebellion and uncontrollable hopelessness. You did give me mushy songs, I guess, and rare gems like Xian Jian Wen Qing. I won't forget how you gave me my first A1. I won't forget how in Primary 6, your advocate gave me a bookmark because I had improved the most in my class. But I also will not forget how you ruined most of my primary school career spent hating you, nor how tuition sessions in your language terrified me. I will not forget this time.
Farewell, Chinese. I don't know if I regret not knowing you as closely as some who live in your world, or whether I resent your intruding into my life and bringing me tears more than that. But I won't give you another chance, at least not for a while. I work for other masters now.
***
I am rather sad with my chinese results. But I'll get over it during dessert tonight. I hope. Or else I'll never get over it! I'll die remembering it! How nightmarish. :?
Anyway, I'm learning how to punch people from ggy. He doesn't mind being punched. COOL. ^_^ Then I'll finally get to punch people like GOH ZHAOHAN or KU JUNG KAI EDISON like they totally deserve to be punched. Anticipate the day!
My mother's coming back from Thailand tomorrow. She went there in search of gems, with this jeweller she met in Myanmar. :P I bet she's having fun. And yeah, my mother is probably the only person you know who goes off traipsing in politically unstable countries to look for gems with someone she met in another country under tyrannical rule.
I kind of miss her though. Cause there's no one who will listen to me whine and cry so much anymore and give me a hug late at night when you can't just go call your friends and bother them. Even though she won't see this blog but it's the thought that counts, so:
WELCOME BACK MUMMY!
Moping,
Alaris.
But I suppose just sometimes, you can't escape your fate. Inevitably, the end. And so ends my time with you, in a flutter of agonising rebellion and uncontrollable hopelessness. You did give me mushy songs, I guess, and rare gems like Xian Jian Wen Qing. I won't forget how you gave me my first A1. I won't forget how in Primary 6, your advocate gave me a bookmark because I had improved the most in my class. But I also will not forget how you ruined most of my primary school career spent hating you, nor how tuition sessions in your language terrified me. I will not forget this time.
Farewell, Chinese. I don't know if I regret not knowing you as closely as some who live in your world, or whether I resent your intruding into my life and bringing me tears more than that. But I won't give you another chance, at least not for a while. I work for other masters now.
***
I am rather sad with my chinese results. But I'll get over it during dessert tonight. I hope. Or else I'll never get over it! I'll die remembering it! How nightmarish. :?
Anyway, I'm learning how to punch people from ggy. He doesn't mind being punched. COOL. ^_^ Then I'll finally get to punch people like GOH ZHAOHAN or KU JUNG KAI EDISON like they totally deserve to be punched. Anticipate the day!
My mother's coming back from Thailand tomorrow. She went there in search of gems, with this jeweller she met in Myanmar. :P I bet she's having fun. And yeah, my mother is probably the only person you know who goes off traipsing in politically unstable countries to look for gems with someone she met in another country under tyrannical rule.
I kind of miss her though. Cause there's no one who will listen to me whine and cry so much anymore and give me a hug late at night when you can't just go call your friends and bother them. Even though she won't see this blog but it's the thought that counts, so:
Moping,
Alaris.
Post a Comment