Barbecue at JX's House
I WON!!! Yes, you heard right. I WON. :D
It probably isn't the sharpest idea to start a post by blurting out the ending, just like you shouldn't give spoilers to the end of Harry Potter books by saying "Dumbledore died!" To make up for that, I won't tell you what I won until the end of this post, and that must suffice.
The barbecue at JX's house was held to celebrate Novices. Some sort of celebration it was, because most of the sabreurs weren't even present. The PRCs were absent - the guys cause apparently they were all sick :P or looking after the sick, or had hostel issues. The girl cause... Well, I'm not sure how many people remember she exists anymore, since she has zero commitment to going for training. Then Darren and Reuben had stuff. And I'm not sure at all about Linus/Lestor or Peisen, cause they don't really come for extracurricular fencing stuff. But our dearest (and only) sabre coach was present, so cool!
Anyway, JX definitely didn't fail us as a host. We had so much food. FOOD! Like BEEF STEAK and two types of sausages and those small potatoes and salad with cherry tomatoes (which I like) and onion rings and little hash browns and fried chicken and cookies which his sister baked and other stuff which I cannot even remember. We didn't even get around to opening the chips, which is sad cause I brought a pack which I was planning to eat cause it was one of my favourites. :P Also, there was no sour cream and chives. I think the next time we have a barbecue I should approve the condiments list first... I'm pretty appeased by BEEF STEAK though.
I was one of the major cooks. ^_^ At first Terence was at the grill, but I was intrigued by the cooking process because usually other people take over at barbecues. I have only to open my mouth and eat *Ahm*. Or like, no one trusts me with their grills, except JX even though his house isn't fully insured. Cooking BEEF STEAK is especially fun cause when you put it down on the lava plate, the meat starts to turn white then brown and the sizzling sound makes you wanna eat it. Terence was teaching me how to poke meat with your finger to tell whether it was rare/medium-rare/medium/medium-welldone/welldone. Faii and Joanna like BEEF STEAK medium or medium-welldone, whereas Terence and I like ours medium-rare. Florence does not like BEEF STEAK. +...+ <--- (Btw if you like this smiley it is totally copyrighted Alaris cause I invented it!)
After eating there were several interludes, like when Terence wondered if he could hit a tennis ball with a baseball bat. *He couldn't* Then the tennis ball escaped and rolled ALL the way down the slope which JX's house is built on. :X Then Terence won five bucks off JX by throwing a tennis ball at me. >_< And Alaris wasn't paying attention to them either so she got hit, and promptly threw the tennis ball down the hill. YAY.
We discovered that the house opposite JX's was very pretty, like a Spanish mansion out of Zorro. One day I will own a house as beautiful as that. After hearing about how JX expresses his neighbourly hate using frogs, there were suggestions for what games to play. Most of which were vetoed for obvious reasons. We moved to JX's room and decided to play poker. The variation they taught us is no limit Texas Hold 'Em poker.
It is Totally fun. Joanna and Florence didn't really contest many people, which is not exactly the way to win poker because you end up dropping out all the time and slowing losing on the pot. David, who really wanted to take off his shirt (and may have been distracted by his two exams on monday) tried to lose all just before he left, but was prevented by Faii folding. :) Meanwhile, Faii does meet you when you raise, but doesn't necessarily call you to a showdown. And Terence is super pro. Like he doesn't do dumb stuff and he can't be read. JX was the dealer most of the time.
Halfway through the alcohol started. :o Well not a lot , except Florence can't drink a shot and still recognise the difference between sixes and nines. Meanwhile, JX has a weak constitution. And Alaris is smart and doesn't drink when she's in JX's house. ;) So David left, then Faii left. Then it was time for the girls to leave, because Florence's father was giving all of us a lift home. So we had our final round.
We start with a green chip for the pot. Terence, who is leading the bet, promptly checks until the three cards are dealt. Then he puts down a blue. Joanna folds while I match his bet. He puts down two blues after the fourth. Florence folds. Alaris doesn't. Then Terence chucks in like, a significant number of blues and greens? after the fifth card. And Alaris who has less than him, has to bet all to stay in. :o Which she does. And she wins on low doubles.
SHE WINS! SHE ROX! :) So she ends up with 6 greens, 11 blues, 2 reds and about 4 whites. Which is supposed to be $12.40, with 5 cents for a white. Oh well, we weren't playing money so who cares.
***
My throat feels super awful now. >_< I don't wanna get sore throat again! Been sick many times this year and only went for pe four or five times.
Oh, and went out with Ru on friday to shop for some stuff.
Tired and nearly sick (again),
Misa Squared.
It probably isn't the sharpest idea to start a post by blurting out the ending, just like you shouldn't give spoilers to the end of Harry Potter books by saying "Dumbledore died!" To make up for that, I won't tell you what I won until the end of this post, and that must suffice.
The barbecue at JX's house was held to celebrate Novices. Some sort of celebration it was, because most of the sabreurs weren't even present. The PRCs were absent - the guys cause apparently they were all sick :P or looking after the sick, or had hostel issues. The girl cause... Well, I'm not sure how many people remember she exists anymore, since she has zero commitment to going for training. Then Darren and Reuben had stuff. And I'm not sure at all about Linus/Lestor or Peisen, cause they don't really come for extracurricular fencing stuff. But our dearest (and only) sabre coach was present, so cool!
Anyway, JX definitely didn't fail us as a host. We had so much food. FOOD! Like BEEF STEAK and two types of sausages and those small potatoes and salad with cherry tomatoes (which I like) and onion rings and little hash browns and fried chicken and cookies which his sister baked and other stuff which I cannot even remember. We didn't even get around to opening the chips, which is sad cause I brought a pack which I was planning to eat cause it was one of my favourites. :P Also, there was no sour cream and chives. I think the next time we have a barbecue I should approve the condiments list first... I'm pretty appeased by BEEF STEAK though.
I was one of the major cooks. ^_^ At first Terence was at the grill, but I was intrigued by the cooking process because usually other people take over at barbecues. I have only to open my mouth and eat *Ahm*. Or like, no one trusts me with their grills, except JX even though his house isn't fully insured. Cooking BEEF STEAK is especially fun cause when you put it down on the lava plate, the meat starts to turn white then brown and the sizzling sound makes you wanna eat it. Terence was teaching me how to poke meat with your finger to tell whether it was rare/medium-rare/medium/medium-welldone/welldone. Faii and Joanna like BEEF STEAK medium or medium-welldone, whereas Terence and I like ours medium-rare. Florence does not like BEEF STEAK. +...+ <--- (Btw if you like this smiley it is totally copyrighted Alaris cause I invented it!)
After eating there were several interludes, like when Terence wondered if he could hit a tennis ball with a baseball bat. *He couldn't* Then the tennis ball escaped and rolled ALL the way down the slope which JX's house is built on. :X Then Terence won five bucks off JX by throwing a tennis ball at me. >_< And Alaris wasn't paying attention to them either so she got hit, and promptly threw the tennis ball down the hill. YAY.
We discovered that the house opposite JX's was very pretty, like a Spanish mansion out of Zorro. One day I will own a house as beautiful as that. After hearing about how JX expresses his neighbourly hate using frogs, there were suggestions for what games to play. Most of which were vetoed for obvious reasons. We moved to JX's room and decided to play poker. The variation they taught us is no limit Texas Hold 'Em poker.
It is Totally fun. Joanna and Florence didn't really contest many people, which is not exactly the way to win poker because you end up dropping out all the time and slowing losing on the pot. David, who really wanted to take off his shirt (and may have been distracted by his two exams on monday) tried to lose all just before he left, but was prevented by Faii folding. :) Meanwhile, Faii does meet you when you raise, but doesn't necessarily call you to a showdown. And Terence is super pro. Like he doesn't do dumb stuff and he can't be read. JX was the dealer most of the time.
Halfway through the alcohol started. :o Well not a lot , except Florence can't drink a shot and still recognise the difference between sixes and nines. Meanwhile, JX has a weak constitution. And Alaris is smart and doesn't drink when she's in JX's house. ;) So David left, then Faii left. Then it was time for the girls to leave, because Florence's father was giving all of us a lift home. So we had our final round.
We start with a green chip for the pot. Terence, who is leading the bet, promptly checks until the three cards are dealt. Then he puts down a blue. Joanna folds while I match his bet. He puts down two blues after the fourth. Florence folds. Alaris doesn't. Then Terence chucks in like, a significant number of blues and greens? after the fifth card. And Alaris who has less than him, has to bet all to stay in. :o Which she does. And she wins on low doubles.
SHE WINS! SHE ROX! :) So she ends up with 6 greens, 11 blues, 2 reds and about 4 whites. Which is supposed to be $12.40, with 5 cents for a white. Oh well, we weren't playing money so who cares.
***
My throat feels super awful now. >_< I don't wanna get sore throat again! Been sick many times this year and only went for pe four or five times.
Oh, and went out with Ru on friday to shop for some stuff.
Tired and nearly sick (again),
Misa Squared.
Post a Comment