« Home | I passed all my CTs!! (warning: long post...) » | Letters! » | You ROX: Ru! » | Sleepover! » | the celebrations » | Confession » | Random photos post! » | Chinese... URGH MMF WRITHE WRITHE » | What shall I do? » | Take 5 »

Cravings...

Today we went to Swensens to try the sauteed mushrooms. They sounded really nice, and were promised to be delicious and served in a pot! So Alaris went there happily, unsuspectingly. We were soon seated, and the service was good, and they gave us menus. As we looked through the menus, we nonchalantly assumed that we would see a glistening picture of our delicious mushrooms further on. But no! We had reached the last page! And even though we looked in the dessert menu as well, our mushrooms were nowhere to be found.

:(

So we ordered apple crumble with ice cream to share. But I still kinda prefer the Island Creamery's Apple Pie with ice cream, cause there you can choose any flavour, including Horlicks, and I usually love apple pie more than apple crumble. It was okay, but I guess the combination of our utter disappointment at not biting into a savoury mushroom and practically inhaling it into our stomachs dampened our enthusiasm.

There are other foods which are irreplaceable, other than mushrooms. Beef steak (like those we cooked at jx's house), very good mashed potato (not just potato, but with bacon bits and soft peas and gravy and butter and a little cheese, like those you get in German restaurants). A&W waffles, which are sadly extinct in Singapore now. The MacDonalds sausage that they put in sausage McMuffins. Tartar sauce and tomatoes and pickles. Tiramisu that my mother makes. REAL mushroom soup, not those thin cream of mushroom Campbell kinds. :P I mean really really mushroom. Churros from Disneyland! That I've tasted twice in all the times I've been there. :( They don't taste as nice anywhere else; they taste too sweet elsewhere. Chicken curry with the crispy thing, not sure what that's called, or cheese prata with curry. Sherpherd's pie. Party cheese cubes from the laughing cow brand. :) Bubble tea from NJ. Lamb roast with mint sauce.

Risotto from that Italian restaurant in Thailand that was just around the corner from where we stayed! The corn bread from the restaurant at Knotts Berry Farm. Tiffy's restaurant. Sushi with shrimp roe and salmon!

I really believe that humans cannot live without food.


Hungry,

Alaris.

Labels: