Confrontations
Today I was proud of myself. If you've read xt's post, she was talking about how people change from secondary school to JC. Well when I was younger (in secondary school and before), teachers used to call me quiet because I would totally not pose questions to the teacher in class. Neither would I volunteer answers.
Anyway, today in KI I found myself raising some points that I thought were cool (before losing the thread of the ongoing debate and becoming sleepy). In SR1 during the UK law talk, I actually asked a few questions before complete strangers! Doesn't this manage to symbolise the vast difference in me? Perhaps it's because RJ people actually do stuff like that quite frequently. :P Oh well, whatever. Oh and occasionally when I think I've done my tutorials, I volunteer to do questions on the board! :o
To those who are starting to feel a bit bored of the self-centeredness, please skip this post! Cause I will go on about ME. :)
I guess I could say I'm more willing to face scary people now, especially when I have a task in mind. This afternoon I successfully managed to exchange an expired Meiji cute sweet packet (that I bought yesterday) at the condo's provision shop. Yup! I didn't even need to have people providing moral support. Compare this to a time three years ago, when my younger sister and I were buying those little gimmicky things in half-coloured plastic balls from the $1/$2 vending machines outside the same provision shop. The coin got stuck and we had to ask the uncle to come out and help us retrieve our stuff. Guess what I did? :P
I foolishly promised my YOUNGER sister a hundred favours if she talked to the uncle instead! Cause I was scared of him. Hmm.. She always brings up the 93(?) favours that I still *owe* her whenever she needs something. You'd expect your younger sister not to take advantage of you... Right?
>_< But she faithfully remembers it.
***
Sometimes, though, I still wish there was no need for me to speak up at all, and remind people about stuff to get things done. Recently, I've been trying to get my fencing equipment back. I lent it to the J1s to use when they hadn't got their equipment yet, upon Jingxun's request. I washed the stuff all nicely before that too, and labelled them, and wrote a list of the stuff inside my bag. :( Then I went last week to collect it back. To my horror, the J1s hadn't put the stuff back in my fencing bag at all. They were scattered in pieces all over the fencing store, mixed up with other people's eeky stuff. And yup, I couldn't find some stuff. >_< Next time I shall know better to lend stuff out, especially when irresponsible/awful/uncaring people are concerned. Only hope the J1 sabre capt can help me! If not... X_X
Second incident: There was a mistake in my econs marks on my CT results slip, and it's taking very long to correct. It wasn't a good mistake either - it reflected an S grade when I actually got a C! And the supposed S score is underlined too. RAWR. I keep having to report to my econs teacher or my CT about what the other has said/is going to do. Is this what bureacratic government services are supposed to be like? I do hope it resolves soon. :( I really want the correct mark that I worked for reflected in the results slip that all the scholarships shall look at!
***
Blah. I'm feeling rather depressed. Just to aggravate me more, I'm sure that I have to be newly recovered from some awful throat inflammation and fever that made me feel that I would be sick and in pain forever. Have to catch up with work. :( I just wish people were naturally inclined to be helpful and to do things right the first time. I am feeling sorta disillusioned. And to think I'd started the post feeling proud!
Feeling Rather Pathetic Now,
Alaris.
Anyway, today in KI I found myself raising some points that I thought were cool (before losing the thread of the ongoing debate and becoming sleepy). In SR1 during the UK law talk, I actually asked a few questions before complete strangers! Doesn't this manage to symbolise the vast difference in me? Perhaps it's because RJ people actually do stuff like that quite frequently. :P Oh well, whatever. Oh and occasionally when I think I've done my tutorials, I volunteer to do questions on the board! :o
To those who are starting to feel a bit bored of the self-centeredness, please skip this post! Cause I will go on about ME. :)
I guess I could say I'm more willing to face scary people now, especially when I have a task in mind. This afternoon I successfully managed to exchange an expired Meiji cute sweet packet (that I bought yesterday) at the condo's provision shop. Yup! I didn't even need to have people providing moral support. Compare this to a time three years ago, when my younger sister and I were buying those little gimmicky things in half-coloured plastic balls from the $1/$2 vending machines outside the same provision shop. The coin got stuck and we had to ask the uncle to come out and help us retrieve our stuff. Guess what I did? :P
I foolishly promised my YOUNGER sister a hundred favours if she talked to the uncle instead! Cause I was scared of him. Hmm.. She always brings up the 93(?) favours that I still *owe* her whenever she needs something. You'd expect your younger sister not to take advantage of you... Right?
>_< But she faithfully remembers it.
***
Sometimes, though, I still wish there was no need for me to speak up at all, and remind people about stuff to get things done. Recently, I've been trying to get my fencing equipment back. I lent it to the J1s to use when they hadn't got their equipment yet, upon Jingxun's request. I washed the stuff all nicely before that too, and labelled them, and wrote a list of the stuff inside my bag. :( Then I went last week to collect it back. To my horror, the J1s hadn't put the stuff back in my fencing bag at all. They were scattered in pieces all over the fencing store, mixed up with other people's eeky stuff. And yup, I couldn't find some stuff. >_< Next time I shall know better to lend stuff out, especially when irresponsible/awful/uncaring people are concerned. Only hope the J1 sabre capt can help me! If not... X_X
Second incident: There was a mistake in my econs marks on my CT results slip, and it's taking very long to correct. It wasn't a good mistake either - it reflected an S grade when I actually got a C! And the supposed S score is underlined too. RAWR. I keep having to report to my econs teacher or my CT about what the other has said/is going to do. Is this what bureacratic government services are supposed to be like? I do hope it resolves soon. :( I really want the correct mark that I worked for reflected in the results slip that all the scholarships shall look at!
***
Blah. I'm feeling rather depressed. Just to aggravate me more, I'm sure that I have to be newly recovered from some awful throat inflammation and fever that made me feel that I would be sick and in pain forever. Have to catch up with work. :( I just wish people were naturally inclined to be helpful and to do things right the first time. I am feeling sorta disillusioned. And to think I'd started the post feeling proud!
Feeling Rather Pathetic Now,
Alaris.
Post a Comment