lirael
I realised that the way I used to blog is vastly different from how I do now. I used to refer to myself in third person, for example. :)
When I read the Emily of New Moon series (I think it was that), Emily opened a letter she'd written to an older Emily from a younger age. And it was sad because she'd wished her older self to have found her dreams, but she hadn't.
I used to be annoyed at a lot more things than I am now. Telemarketers on a day when I'm sitting at a balcony not brooding about school (or trying not to), for example. Telemarketers are anyone's nightmare.
I used to like maltesers a lot too.
I used to think that people were stupid for doing various things. Like arguing over music - I thought it was stupid to be so worked up about it, when I've just done that over the phone.
I used to like Sylfaen a lot. It's still a beautiful font, but I don't write anymore. (Before I wrote anything I'd choose the font, cause it matters a lot. It gives the viewer an impression of the story already - modern and chic lit, romantic and old.)
***
You know sometimes you are drawn to people? You think they might be cool, or you like their ideas when you do hear them talk. But you don't do anything about it, in case they think you're weird?
Cause I know I do think some people weird when they show overparticular interest in talking to me. And once the first impression of 'weird' comes into place it's hard to replace it with anything else, even if you do end up conversing with them some.
I wonder if it's like that in most westernised societies too.
Edit: But um. There are other happy endings. When you have people on your periphery who make you feel better by being there. Cause they're so cool. :) By cool I mean really cool - chill, and by chill I mean exactly the right radiowave of chill for you.
Edit 2: Or maybe cause they care for you and let you know it, although they don't have to care for you.
Too many memories washing over me tonight. I miss Deb. But we were closer than we were meant to be.
- Alaris -
When I read the Emily of New Moon series (I think it was that), Emily opened a letter she'd written to an older Emily from a younger age. And it was sad because she'd wished her older self to have found her dreams, but she hadn't.
I used to be annoyed at a lot more things than I am now. Telemarketers on a day when I'm sitting at a balcony not brooding about school (or trying not to), for example. Telemarketers are anyone's nightmare.
I used to like maltesers a lot too.
I used to think that people were stupid for doing various things. Like arguing over music - I thought it was stupid to be so worked up about it, when I've just done that over the phone.
I used to like Sylfaen a lot. It's still a beautiful font, but I don't write anymore. (Before I wrote anything I'd choose the font, cause it matters a lot. It gives the viewer an impression of the story already - modern and chic lit, romantic and old.)
***
You know sometimes you are drawn to people? You think they might be cool, or you like their ideas when you do hear them talk. But you don't do anything about it, in case they think you're weird?
Cause I know I do think some people weird when they show overparticular interest in talking to me. And once the first impression of 'weird' comes into place it's hard to replace it with anything else, even if you do end up conversing with them some.
I wonder if it's like that in most westernised societies too.
Edit: But um. There are other happy endings. When you have people on your periphery who make you feel better by being there. Cause they're so cool. :) By cool I mean really cool - chill, and by chill I mean exactly the right radiowave of chill for you.
Edit 2: Or maybe cause they care for you and let you know it, although they don't have to care for you.
Too many memories washing over me tonight. I miss Deb. But we were closer than we were meant to be.
- Alaris -
Labels: memories, reflections, sraf
Post a Comment