Recess Week already
Oftentimes nowadays I find myself thinking, "Jiayou Alaris!" Because God wants me to persevere until it is my time, and there are a lot of people whose lives I can be a part of, and those whose lives I am a part of already, I owe a responsibility to be there for. And however bad it gets, whatever circumstances I will be in, He is with me.
Actually just stopped writing this post for a while, and had one amazing God-sent experience and now I feel much better. :) One thing that I shall learn is how to take a step back, put things in perspective, and re-strategise.
*
Went for Law Students Conference yesterday. The one I went for last year, which was the first of its kind, affected me greatly. It sorta gave me a wake up call, and after that I attended all the rest of the CGs that semester, in Year 3 Sem 2, despite whatever else I had to do.
It was really inspiring to me to hear some of the professors talk about their lives. I wonder a lot about people's personal lives, I really do. :)
I tried to type down what the professors said but admit that some of this is paraphrasing where I couldn't write fast enough.
Professor Pinsler
"What is the truth? ... Even with justice, where integrity is raised so high, there is no certainty. The standards of proof are below certainty."
"The world is a façade."
"The thing is, whenever anyone has developed something in their life that is important to them, their whole life becomes about preserving this thing, and weakness has no place. Weakness, pain, suffering cannot be revealed. That would be an admission of weakness, and it is not acceptable in a society in which the goal is to advance, and in which we have been taught it is reasonable to advance."
"Is there more to this? What is the truth? Is there something more substantial to life? What is the purpose? Why am I even thinking about this? Why do I even have the capacity to think about this?"
Professor Yeo Hwee Ying
"I’m a work in progress. There is no condemnation for them who are in Christ. So even as I speak, I know I am not what I hope to be yet, but I am not where I used to be. In certain settings, I wonder if I have changed... Even if I don’t believe in my goodness - and I don’t - My God is good. He will complete the work he has started in me, and in you."
"It is only when you are weak that his perfectness and strength can come through. When Christ came for us, it’s all unmerited grace."
"God has to bring a burning bush to everybody. He’s always calling you, but it’s whether you want to respond."
"Why are you successful? Natural ability? NO. It’s because God gave it to you. And it is to bless others, like Abraham. If you hoard it for yourself, you will be like the Dead Sea. It takes and takes, but it never gives."
*
Recess week will be tiring. And rest and energy and inspiration is to be gotten from and provided by God. So keep on! :)
Actually just stopped writing this post for a while, and had one amazing God-sent experience and now I feel much better. :) One thing that I shall learn is how to take a step back, put things in perspective, and re-strategise.
*
Went for Law Students Conference yesterday. The one I went for last year, which was the first of its kind, affected me greatly. It sorta gave me a wake up call, and after that I attended all the rest of the CGs that semester, in Year 3 Sem 2, despite whatever else I had to do.
It was really inspiring to me to hear some of the professors talk about their lives. I wonder a lot about people's personal lives, I really do. :)
I tried to type down what the professors said but admit that some of this is paraphrasing where I couldn't write fast enough.
Professor Pinsler
"What is the truth? ... Even with justice, where integrity is raised so high, there is no certainty. The standards of proof are below certainty."
"The world is a façade."
"The thing is, whenever anyone has developed something in their life that is important to them, their whole life becomes about preserving this thing, and weakness has no place. Weakness, pain, suffering cannot be revealed. That would be an admission of weakness, and it is not acceptable in a society in which the goal is to advance, and in which we have been taught it is reasonable to advance."
"Is there more to this? What is the truth? Is there something more substantial to life? What is the purpose? Why am I even thinking about this? Why do I even have the capacity to think about this?"
Professor Yeo Hwee Ying
"I’m a work in progress. There is no condemnation for them who are in Christ. So even as I speak, I know I am not what I hope to be yet, but I am not where I used to be. In certain settings, I wonder if I have changed... Even if I don’t believe in my goodness - and I don’t - My God is good. He will complete the work he has started in me, and in you."
"It is only when you are weak that his perfectness and strength can come through. When Christ came for us, it’s all unmerited grace."
"God has to bring a burning bush to everybody. He’s always calling you, but it’s whether you want to respond."
"Why are you successful? Natural ability? NO. It’s because God gave it to you. And it is to bless others, like Abraham. If you hoard it for yourself, you will be like the Dead Sea. It takes and takes, but it never gives."
*
Recess week will be tiring. And rest and energy and inspiration is to be gotten from and provided by God. So keep on! :)
Labels: law students conference, life
Post a Comment