« Home | Unconquered by Small Things » | our help and our shield » | strangely hyper » | Goals in Life » | Psalm 51 » | Community and Individual Humanities » | Why do you look? » | Yum (yes random title) » | the mission of strong sheep » | Why I would wish to serve this God »

active hope for the future

I really like this post about hope. I don't think I'd agree with the author about the difference between the verb and the noun, but I can't think of a better way to write it. Perhaps the difference between a living hope that defines you, vs having a shadow of what hope is. Or how about this: A hope to achieve something positively, as opposed to a hope to passively avoid something bad? A hope to create what you love, rather than a hope to escape what you fear.

Whatever it is, I want to concentrate on having that living hope. I know that life is not going to be easy; the next two months will be the most easy, and even then I do have many decisions to make and follow through to make the most of this rare time. There are so many things to do and I don't want to over-commit, but at the same time I don't want to under-investigate them and then realise that I can't do many of them and then proceed to being bored. Going out with friends will be good, but that's actually the least of it because most of my time should be spent on things that I've always wanted to do: personal accomplishments I can keep with me for life, that can make me feel proud of myself on a bad work day.

I need to learn how to have hope to keep going even when it looks bleak. And this is so true of exams. Stop portraying your life in your own mind as crazily busy, and stop feeling overwhelmed. Life is not going to wait for you; so you have to go ahead with life, the best you can, and that's it. That is life, that each moment cannot be taken back, that we can't go back to change things and we can't have things the way we want. We can only look ahead.

Whatever it is, it will be okay. I am not walking alone and unled, and God will be enough for me.

Labels: , , ,