« Home | Why I would wish to serve this God » | Being a Professional; Devotion » | the discipline of faith » | thanksgiving » | Seeing in truth » | Recess Week already » | :) » | the future » | Weathering the Storm » | Equals »

the mission of strong sheep

So lately, I've started living in the real world. Strange but true! I can't really explain it very well. It's not that I'm going out more, or like suddenly meeting people and seeing things. It's more a shift in mindset. I think now I feel more like a citizen of this world, rather than a totally disconnected alien. I think I'm reorienting myself for the future, slowly. Learning to test my boundaries.

Not sure whether this is good. With new stages of life come new difficulties, of course. So the more I feel capable to continue, the less I am internally filled with pain and doubt, the more I think I will be faced with temptations of pride, security and apathy. So all the more, I must rely on God.

“As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats. Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

“Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another.

- Ezekiel 34:17-22

You see, the strong sheep were given strength, and made strong, to protect and love the weak sheep.

Labels: ,