« Home | Results » | Murphy's Law » | Plans » | Chocolate! » | Beware: Educational Post! » | Meeep » | Confrontations » | IS consultation over! » | Has anyone seen my cbox? » | A random list of words »

Graduation Ceremony

MGS always holds its graduation ceremony on Founder's day, which is the same day as our prom (Founder's Day dinner). Both of these are on July 25th every year. So it's a big event for both sec 4s who haven't sat for A levels yet, and the cohort that has just moved on to JC.

Unbeknownst to the majority of the ignorant student population, RJC holds its graduation ceremony in October. They didn't even give us some kind of announcement letter, so I only just properly realised today that I'd actually have to sit through 2 hours of long speeches and the litany of award-winners' names. Ee. :P I was trying to listen out for the people in our class so I could clap at least, but slowly my eyes glazed over and my brain power fizzled out.

Btw, what's with holding a graduation ceremony before the A levels? Makes me feel kinda... unwelcome. :O Like if we fail our A levels we can't go back and retake in RJ, but must instead retake as a private candidate. Like they've washed their hands off us! :?

Anyway, it was kinda fun when the videos played showed pictures directly related to oneself. Which unfortunately they didn't do a lot... Fencing exco, be more enthu! :P Only send one picture of us by the flagpoles, which I saw for like half a second. Actually I'm not really sure it WAS us cause it was flashed too fast. *sulk*

***

Sandra's birthday party was held today. Jiahua was supposed to buy the cake, but he was really uncontactable! Like his phone was off. :-| Happy birthday Sandra! :)

***

I've heard that when you swim at night, the water's warmer than in the afternoon. The explanation for this is that water loses heat less quickly than concrete or air, so when the sun has gone down, the water in the pool retains its heat for a longer time. I decided to try this out on wednesday night. Night swim for the first time in my life! :D

My younger sister didn't want to go with me cause she'd just bathed, so I went by myself at about 8.30. I have only one swimsuit cause I don't go swimming that often. Guess what colour it is? Light pink! :) Then I have a purple bathrobe. Anyway, I couldn't find any goggles except my younger brother's ones, so I took those.

Swimming tip #1: Don't use blue tinted goggles to swim at night! From being able to see your surroundings in the cool light of the moon and underwater swimming pool bulbs, you go to seeing some darkish water, like that sort that can conceal the Loch Ness monster. >_< Not very good for your mood in daring to swim to the deep end of the pool where, when your head is in the water, you already start to have this premonition that there's a shark behind you waiting to bite...

There were a few other people there.

Swimming tip #2: Swimming at night is advisable for those who feel they can't go out and face decent people in a swimsuit. If you happen to have a protruding tummy, or a ghastly disfiguration on one side of your face like the Phantom (of the Opera), you will be able to hide behind the mask of darkness! ^_^ Also there's less people around to inspect you.

Besides, a night swim is quite relaxing. You feel like sleeping right after you bathe!

Swimming tip #3: As chlorine water is not good for hair, it is advisable to use conditioner after shampooing your hair on swimming days. For those who are coloured hair, be careful! Because I've heard that coloured hair can be DIScoloured by swimming pool water. Like it'll turn green or something. :??

***

Exam tip #1: It is always good to have legible handwriting when you take an exam. If you insist on using some mangled scrawl, be wary of the consequences.


<3,

Alaris

Labels: , , , , , , ,