« Home | Items of Note » | I can buy alcohol! » | All About Water Babies » | Walls » | La la la... MUSIC! » | Sewing Project! » | Graduation Ceremony » | Results » | Murphy's Law » | Plans »

Concert

My very first My Chemical Romance concert happened to coincide with the first time MCR came to Singapore. :) The date was 11 Dec, Tuesday. Because they sadly didn't sing The Ghost of You, I'll have to go back to see them again the next time they come here. Hmm.

It was... short. Only 1h 24min or something like that, when I had expected 2h at least. Sigh. Also, Singapore Expo is seriously lousy. The ticket said that the concert would start at 8, and they would begin letting people in at 7.30. Although everyone arrived on time and there was a long queue outside the gate, queues were unclearly marked and the ticketeers only seemed to start letting in people (excruciatingly slowly) at 8 pm! Thus by 8.30, less than half the seats were filled. MCR only came on stage at 9.

However, Gerard Way sounds way better in person. His voice is so unique. :D He even converted me to songs like Cancer and Cemetary Drive, which I'd found too draggy on the CD.

Although we had tickets with seats, we didn't end up sitting. As soon as MCR arrived, the maddened crowd (maddened with waiting so long, the mosh pit people had started their queue from noon or something) stood. The people in front of us stood on their chairs, and in order to see the stage, so did we. After standing and jumping and bopping on chairs for 1.5h, we were not tired at all and wanted MCR to go on. As I kinda expected, Gerard Way swore a lot. :| However I shall try not to learn this. :p

I didn't buy any merchandise. I really wanted the limited edition poster, but you either had to buy any of the last 2 albums, the Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge video, or a $100 vinyl to get that. I already had the albums and didn't particularly want any of the rest so I didn't get anything. I asked the guy whether he had the first album (which I still don't own) but he didn't! Which is weird. They should be trying to sell all their CDs, not just the second and third! There were MCR arm warmers and T-shirts, but they were not particularly nice. Didn't see any hoodies or bags.

And I just realised I forgot to look at the screens that showed the performers in close view! Aaah! Stupid. :(

Also I have decided never to stand in a mosh pit because people actually fainted and had to be carried away by ushers. And it's disgustingly sweaty. :??

***

A few weeks ago I saw a cool advert so I went to look for it online. It's for a Givenchy perfume, Ange ou Demon.



It's especially cool because of the masks. :D And that she has another mask on underneath. I need a lace mask like that... ^_^

Also, the model is Marie Steiss. Her given name is Marie de Villepin and she's supposed to be the eldest daughter of French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin. Interesting?

That being said, I don't use perfume. On the occasions that I have, I've realised that putting it on my wrists makes me lose my appetite. Because when you eat, you raise your fork to your mouth and the perfume and food smells mix and it just tastes/smells extremely weird. Ee. Like a beef steak smelling like sweet cinnamon. Mmf.


Sleepily,

Alaris

Labels: , , ,