Slightly Morbid Post
Isn't it amazing (and slightly horrifying) when a life ends, and a body is burnt to a pile of ash and grimy bone? Thoughts and dreams and passion and strength that could lift a tree, a personality that built an empire, can be erased so entirely. Anger and death-feuds cannot be carried past the grave for the one who dies.
Perhaps this is why humans have always had myths of spirits walking the earth. They cannot believe that nothing is left of someone they knew and was as close to them as themselves.
This, perhaps, also sparked off religion. Most religions promise an explanation of death.
Honestly, I am as scared as most people are of death. Change is scary, the eerie unexplained is terrifying. Some say that death is as natural as breathing to live because everyone who has lived has died. If superstitious runes, or looking for an immortal elixir helps, I can't blame the people who use them.
All I ask is to die as if going into sleep, without much pain. I would hate hate hate to suffocate and struggle against the inevitable.
Alaris
Perhaps this is why humans have always had myths of spirits walking the earth. They cannot believe that nothing is left of someone they knew and was as close to them as themselves.
This, perhaps, also sparked off religion. Most religions promise an explanation of death.
Honestly, I am as scared as most people are of death. Change is scary, the eerie unexplained is terrifying. Some say that death is as natural as breathing to live because everyone who has lived has died. If superstitious runes, or looking for an immortal elixir helps, I can't blame the people who use them.
All I ask is to die as if going into sleep, without much pain. I would hate hate hate to suffocate and struggle against the inevitable.
Alaris
Labels: life, reflections
Post a Comment