My very first job
I'm sorry for not blogging for so long. I was doing an internship at a law firm from 4-15 January. Then before that was the A3 class reunion on the 28th. Add to that my sister coming back to visit for three weeks (she left last thursday). Oh and there was Novices last saturday and this coming saturday.
***
Let me talk for a bit about my favourite Christmas present. :) Show you a picture:

Yes, it is what you think it is! :D The newest Nightwish CD. So I had to listen to it. Nightwish is still overwhelming even though they changed their singer from Tarja to Anette Olzon in this new CD. It's wonderful because the songs are layered with so many tunes and beauty and sadness and anger. You can listen to the songs many times and not feel sick, unlike with songs of other genres. Thanks to the person who gave it to me. ^-^
***
A3 Reunion
The A3 class outing at Jemma's house was more fun than I expected. Jemma and Christine were still doing their immature thing. :P Oh gosh. And Christine has become domesticated after Australia! Jemma went around spraying people with a foam can for ages. They ambushed Ting, Cherlynn, Chunny and I outside of the swimming pool toilet. So I had no choice but to steal away the foam can. Mmf. Lydia brought doughnuts from the Doughnut Factory and Chunny brought sushi and we had canadian pizza and roast chicken from some supermarket. :) The chicken was incredibly good! Jiayi, Michelle and Gail came late.
After we finished eating, we went to the playground. We had sparklers, so Shawna, Lydia and Keziah or Ting started to do some maniacal '4A3' thing where they repeatedly flourished sparklers in front of a camera, hoping that it'd capture the words 4A3. It only worked after a really long while. Thankfully Keziah's mother came me and some other people a lift home, because I had no idea how to get back. :| Oh and that D.A.G. didn't come. :( Why does she always do that?
***
Novices
It was really fun to hang out with Joanna and Florence again. Although we're a group of three, I find that we function very well. :P I mean like, in some triplet groups people don't get left out. But for me I think I actually prefer having both of them around at once. There's this chemistry! :)
We caught up with each other and Joanna kept making me laugh. Abs workout! Florence and Joanna own all the blurness in our sabre team, leaving me with none. >_< Like seriously it's amazing how clueless they can be. :P The awful thing was that there were no women's sabre indivs medalists from RJ at all! (Oh I just found out there were two bronze medalists. >_< :P) How can our juniors be like that. :( I know they didn't want to but even if we didn't get the gold last year, we had a silver and bronze. And they were seeded joint 1st, 3rd, 4th and 7th after poules. (In layman terms, this means they were ranked in that order out of all the fencers after the initial rounds). According to Henry, this year's attendance has been really bad so perhaps that contributed. I finally figured out the mystery of the J1 fencing guy who I saw in both RJ and HC uniform! He has a twin... And everyone liked my hair. Well that nasty Henry said that now us sabre girls looked like we were from secondary school. >_< But David said nice hair and Zhenggang said I looked prettier and Yanlong said the crown was a unique touch. :) In any case, I hope RJ wins the gold for women's sabre team this saturday. *** Internship
This was my very first job, albeit unpaid. It was fun. I only learnt my colleagues' names after a while because they were introduced to me so quickly at first. And only the ones around me: Carole, Jan, June and Anna. Anna's a grandmother already, although she looks so much younger! June has two children. :P It's so different to be in the working world, because you aren't kept together in a box with people the same age as you. You also have to learn to submit to experience and authority, as opposed to knowing you're of the same rank as your fellow classmates.
On the last day my employer gave me some cool stuff. :) I'll show you pictures another time. Anyway, she says I'm bright and encourages me to do law as it's a worthy profession. I think she's brilliant too. :) She brought me to the Family and Sub Courts, and on the last day we went to the new Supreme Court, which is pretty inside but ugly outside. The area where the old Supreme Court is, is very scenic. I couldn't help thinking it would be suitable for a class tour than places like Little India and the zoo and Chinatown, which are so overly-frequented.
Industriously,
Alaris
***
Let me talk for a bit about my favourite Christmas present. :) Show you a picture:

Yes, it is what you think it is! :D The newest Nightwish CD. So I had to listen to it. Nightwish is still overwhelming even though they changed their singer from Tarja to Anette Olzon in this new CD. It's wonderful because the songs are layered with so many tunes and beauty and sadness and anger. You can listen to the songs many times and not feel sick, unlike with songs of other genres. Thanks to the person who gave it to me. ^-^
***
A3 Reunion
The A3 class outing at Jemma's house was more fun than I expected. Jemma and Christine were still doing their immature thing. :P Oh gosh. And Christine has become domesticated after Australia! Jemma went around spraying people with a foam can for ages. They ambushed Ting, Cherlynn, Chunny and I outside of the swimming pool toilet. So I had no choice but to steal away the foam can. Mmf. Lydia brought doughnuts from the Doughnut Factory and Chunny brought sushi and we had canadian pizza and roast chicken from some supermarket. :) The chicken was incredibly good! Jiayi, Michelle and Gail came late.
After we finished eating, we went to the playground. We had sparklers, so Shawna, Lydia and Keziah or Ting started to do some maniacal '4A3' thing where they repeatedly flourished sparklers in front of a camera, hoping that it'd capture the words 4A3. It only worked after a really long while. Thankfully Keziah's mother came me and some other people a lift home, because I had no idea how to get back. :| Oh and that D.A.G. didn't come. :( Why does she always do that?
***
Novices
It was really fun to hang out with Joanna and Florence again. Although we're a group of three, I find that we function very well. :P I mean like, in some triplet groups people don't get left out. But for me I think I actually prefer having both of them around at once. There's this chemistry! :)
We caught up with each other and Joanna kept making me laugh. Abs workout! Florence and Joanna own all the blurness in our sabre team, leaving me with none. >_< Like seriously it's amazing how clueless they can be. :P The awful thing was that there were no women's sabre indivs medalists from RJ at all! (Oh I just found out there were two bronze medalists. >_< :P) How can our juniors be like that. :( I know they didn't want to but even if we didn't get the gold last year, we had a silver and bronze. And they were seeded joint 1st, 3rd, 4th and 7th after poules. (In layman terms, this means they were ranked in that order out of all the fencers after the initial rounds). According to Henry, this year's attendance has been really bad so perhaps that contributed. I finally figured out the mystery of the J1 fencing guy who I saw in both RJ and HC uniform! He has a twin... And everyone liked my hair. Well that nasty Henry said that now us sabre girls looked like we were from secondary school. >_< But David said nice hair and Zhenggang said I looked prettier and Yanlong said the crown was a unique touch. :) In any case, I hope RJ wins the gold for women's sabre team this saturday. *** Internship
This was my very first job, albeit unpaid. It was fun. I only learnt my colleagues' names after a while because they were introduced to me so quickly at first. And only the ones around me: Carole, Jan, June and Anna. Anna's a grandmother already, although she looks so much younger! June has two children. :P It's so different to be in the working world, because you aren't kept together in a box with people the same age as you. You also have to learn to submit to experience and authority, as opposed to knowing you're of the same rank as your fellow classmates.
On the last day my employer gave me some cool stuff. :) I'll show you pictures another time. Anyway, she says I'm bright and encourages me to do law as it's a worthy profession. I think she's brilliant too. :) She brought me to the Family and Sub Courts, and on the last day we went to the new Supreme Court, which is pretty inside but ugly outside. The area where the old Supreme Court is, is very scenic. I couldn't help thinking it would be suitable for a class tour than places like Little India and the zoo and Chinatown, which are so overly-frequented.
Industriously,
Alaris
Labels: 4A3, fencing, job, law, law internship, mgs, nightwish, novices
Post a Comment