« Home | life in retrospect » | Lasik: An Update » | Attolia » | frivalous post: cheap thrills from studying » | Faith » | What I have to learn » | Cast your bread upon the waters » | a prayer » | 바람꽃 » | My Temptations; or what I do when I am weak »

Light and Darkness; Night and Day

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

Psalm 139:7-13.

You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the bone of salvation as a helmet.
1 Thessalonians 5:5-8

We belong to the day. So even when we feel that we walk in darkness, that is not insurmountable to God. He can make our whole world shine.

Labels: ,