If we must have resolutions
What I want to focus on next semester, so I can reap the fruit of the spirit, particularly in the peace and joy and love sides. :) And then, step by step, for the rest of my life.
This is what the LORD says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD. That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.
But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:5-8
It can only be right with me when I am right with him. :)
I thought I would also point out here that trusting in man includes both trusting in your own abilities as well as trusting in others. On the converse side, trusting in God would lead to a peaceful and blessed existence, because that person drinks from the abundant and unending source of all that can be rightly called life. And God has promised that nothing can separate us from his love, if we will only reach out to accept it.
This is what the LORD says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD. That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.
But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:5-8
It can only be right with me when I am right with him. :)
I thought I would also point out here that trusting in man includes both trusting in your own abilities as well as trusting in others. On the converse side, trusting in God would lead to a peaceful and blessed existence, because that person drinks from the abundant and unending source of all that can be rightly called life. And God has promised that nothing can separate us from his love, if we will only reach out to accept it.
Labels: God
Post a Comment