thanksgiving
Thank you God, that you are with me in this storm. Often I am swept away (really that is the phrase) by my emotions. I can know very well logically how things are, but feelings are incorrigible - they are overwhelmingly real as long as they last.
Please cultivate in me a spirit of thanksgiving, because there are many ways that you have blessed me. There are people who will listen to me, knowing how I am. There are people who will give me advice that makes me think. There are people who will hold on to me, because sometimes humans need not to be allowed to slip away into oblivion.
And circumstances, that I have been reminded of by various people: We are in the economically strongest country in our region, many of us are enrolled in Singapore's strongest educational courses and amongst the intellectual 'cream of the crop' in a meritocratic society, set to start earning in a bracket range above many people in our society have accepted that they will earn, blessed with technology such that the world is at our doorstep and people around the world are accessible instantaneously.
So we are, and I am, blessed in more ways than we know.
*
P.s. I realised this blog has changed somewhat in terms of whom I address. Half the time I'm addressing God, half the time I'm identifying with readers and speaking for them, and the rest of the time I'm speaking to them. Okay my maths fail, but there you are. I guess it reflects how this blog is written so much as me to myself, for me to remind myself of my realisations also, and not just for the reader; and that makes it all the more personal.
Please cultivate in me a spirit of thanksgiving, because there are many ways that you have blessed me. There are people who will listen to me, knowing how I am. There are people who will give me advice that makes me think. There are people who will hold on to me, because sometimes humans need not to be allowed to slip away into oblivion.
And circumstances, that I have been reminded of by various people: We are in the economically strongest country in our region, many of us are enrolled in Singapore's strongest educational courses and amongst the intellectual 'cream of the crop' in a meritocratic society, set to start earning in a bracket range above many people in our society have accepted that they will earn, blessed with technology such that the world is at our doorstep and people around the world are accessible instantaneously.
So we are, and I am, blessed in more ways than we know.
*
P.s. I realised this blog has changed somewhat in terms of whom I address. Half the time I'm addressing God, half the time I'm identifying with readers and speaking for them, and the rest of the time I'm speaking to them. Okay my maths fail, but there you are. I guess it reflects how this blog is written so much as me to myself, for me to remind myself of my realisations also, and not just for the reader; and that makes it all the more personal.
Labels: thanksgiving
Post a Comment