« Home | Learning Journey! » | A Short Analysis » | Cravings... » | I passed all my CTs!! (warning: long post...) » | Letters! » | You ROX: Ru! » | Sleepover! » | the celebrations » | Confession » | Random photos post! »

SATS...

No one ever warned me it was such a torture! Hours of continuous concentration while sitting in a room filled with cold dry air, breathing in what hundreds of other people are breathing. Yukky.

No natural sunlight, no windows open, in a makeshift place that was meant to be a badmintion hall! 5 minutes break per hour, if the proctor remembers. If not, no break. Waiting, straining to hear what the proctor's saying - his exact instructions. His voice was rather strange too, with an Indian-Brit accent. He sounded like one of those announcing systems. Random invigilators coming across to criticise you holding your calculator off the table on your palm, or adjusting your question paper because it's too far off the table and the person next to you might be able to see it.

Amidst all those unknown faces, you feel like an ant. At least in the O levels you had your class and people you'd known for ten years beside you, and you could smile at them and wish them good luck before the paper. Rather than people of all ages, from different schools who might not care if you fainted during the exam but would be lost in concentration on their sums instead.

Having a mild headache but trying to convince yourself you don't have it cause you don't wanna go around begging invigilators for panadol. You Must go on, or go through the procedure again. And perhaps you can see the end of it.

Perhaps not.

***

Anyway, when I got to ACJC sports complex I saw some unexpected faces. :) TAMMY!! And Tamara too. Rong En. Ritwik! Of course, ggy. Alaris was looking out for Alisha and Yang Tong but she didn't see them. Deb Choi, and Deanna in passing. Cynthia from o team, Brian from storyline.

Then after the whole thing I walked with Tamara and ggy to the mrt. Rong En and some friend of his were behind us so we went to have lunch at Jurong East together, but Tamara stopped off at Clementi first to go home. Was fun. :) We also saw a winter shop selling cool ear mitts.

I came home and slept until eight fifteen or so. I feel like a bad nightmare just passed. RAWR!

***

Now back to my Phantom experience. Overall it wasn't bad; the second half was MUCH better than the first. Christine wasn't all that well-chosen, and she even went off when she was singing that graveyard song! I guess I should have expected it, Zhengjie and Weilin went on the opening night and the next morning, Zhengjie complained about how he didn't know "what that note was, but that definitely wasn't it". :P

I was sitting quite close to the front, first floor in the centre about 6 rows back? Oh, and when Christine and Raoul were doing the roof scene, I found it was much better to close my eyes and listen cause the characters weren't really them to me. Either it was their poor acting or my frame of mind.

But the stage layout was really cool, and things kept on moving around. :) The ending was good too, instead of ending at the tombstone like in the movie, it ended when raoul and christine went off from the phantom's lair.



Recuperating,

Alaris.

Labels: , ,