« Home | thanksgiving » | Seeing in truth » | Recess Week already » | :) » | the future » | Weathering the Storm » | Equals » | :( » | Work and People » | Jehovah Jireh »

the discipline of faith

1. I am not the person I once was. As I go through life, I've been keeping this in mind. It reminds me that there is so much more I have to go, so much more before I can be the person I should be. There's a purpose behind all of this. Although I am unable to comprehend the significance of everything now, I will know it one day if I persevere until the end.

2. Even when I perceive that whatever I am tasked to do is impossible, I must have faith that it is not. It is possible to just keep on living, keep on doing as I ought, even when I don't feel hope. Feelings aren't everything. As much I like to trust my feelings or intuitions, there's a place for reasoning things as they ought to be weighted and in considering all details before making my decisions. I know my weaknesses. I know well that I only have access to this limited viewpoint. Thus, even if this viewpoint (which is all I have direct evidence of, which easily overwhelms my mind) is not positive, I know I am called to act in faith in our Creator. He has hold of all my days in his hand. So I am called to trust, and that is my weightiest sacrifice.

*

I thought I would just add that my two points are inextricably linked. Though we are bound to fail, we are justified through faith.

Labels: